Springfield Armory Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 1820
Here is my Saint Pistol.
I have a Leupold LPO red dot, a Geissele SD-E trigger, Magpul BAD lever, BCM charging handle, single point sling, and Strike rail covers on right and left side. I have been trying different ammo, and so far I find the most accurate is Hornady .223 V-Max 55gr. I hope I can get ammo suggestions from other forum members. The first thing I want is accuracy, then I will look at the bullet performance. I bought this weapon as a truck gun where engagement may be no more than 50 yards, but I want more power, and more support than I would get from a pistol. Be forewarned, this cutie is LOUD....LOUD....LOUD. I hope to get the Saint pistol in 300BLK with a suppressor, but then it becomes longer than I want. In the meantime I will practice speed drills on my ear plugs...:)
What single point sling are you using I mean the part that is on the gun?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well took her out with the new Sparc AR Vortex on to sight in. She is loud and I love her! Sighted in for 50 yards. Now the downside of shooting cleaning time

·
Registered
103 Posts
They are fun to shoot (Realized after I started shooting that I forgot to put my shooting glasses on - sorry!!).

IMG_3604_3.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Took this after I added an inexpensive Red/Green Dot - will probably go to a Vortex of some type in the spring.

Me AR2.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took this after I added an inexpensive Red/Green Dot - will probably go to a Vortex of some type in the spring.

View attachment 2056
Hey, Col (Devious6) I was looking at some of those "inexpensive" red/green dots at Academy Sports and was wondering how well they'd hold up to the full force of the .556 pistol? Any feedback? p.s. thank you for your service.
Tray

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tray,

It was my great honor to serve!

I bought a Feyachi Red/Green Dot sight on eBay - spent about $40 I think. This is the one but I can only find this listing and I know I didn't pay $62.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Feyachi-Re...m=223197227818&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

At this point, I'm more than happy with it. Granted, I'm not subjecting it to combat situations but it has withheld normal wear and tear of range shooting. It was easy to align the sights and has held its zero through multiple firings.

Will I replace it at some point? Probably, but I'm in no hurry and needed to "stop the bleeding" a bit on my AR equipment purchases at the time. It was certainly worth what I paid for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any thoughts on this new offering?
Holy Cow!!! I have a new Saint Victor Pistol in .308, and this is now my Go-to weapon if SHTF. The fit and finish on this is phenom. The only addition so far is an angled grip. I tried a Sylvan folder, and it worked fine, but it added another 1.5" in OAL (OverAll Length) and LOP (Length of Pull), so I took it off. It comes in a soft case/bag that I can grab and go with several 25 round mags. Even with .308 on such a short barrel, the recoil is very manageable - much better than my mule-kicking M1A.

I put a Sig Romeo 5 red dot and Juliet 3 flip magnifier combo on it, and so far it works very well. Not sure if I'll keep the magnifier on it for my purposes, but for now it's pretty dope at 3x.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts