Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
got my Saint back

Got my saint back from springfield. Paperwork said they polished the chamber which I assume means there was a burr in the chamber. Doesn't say much for their qc. Took it out to the range and 3 brands of ammo , 50 rounds each, including factory reloads and 50 steel case. Results everything went well except 1 round of perfecta i got at walmart didn't fire and 1 minor misfeed. The previous problem of empty she'll getting stuck in the chamber never occurred so polishing the chamber fixed it. I attribute the non firing round to the type of ammo and the 1 misfeed to the mag not fully installed by me. Overall satisfied the gun has been fixed and find it a very satisfactory ar but not much better the my $500 ati(300blk) or as good as my stag but it is 2 lbs lighter the my stag which is why I bought it.
Don

I also bought a Saint a couple of weeks ago and shot it for the first time this last Saturday wow what a blast but at about 80 rounds in, the bolt is totally locked up, what the chicken, I also spent many hours reading the reviews and believed I was buying a top notch entry level AR (maybe I should of bought a Smith) This is upsetting a brand new gun field striped and oiled right out of the box quit after only 80 rounds. How can I ever have any confidence in this weapon again.Springfield Armory THIS IS A FAIL
I do have one of your SAR 3 and it does function flawless and this is what I expect with this AR
I have emailed the warranty dept and am waiting for a response

·
Registered
103 Posts
I also bought a Saint a couple of weeks ago and shot it for the first time this last Saturday wow what a blast but at about 80 rounds in, the bolt is totally locked up, what the chicken, I also spent many hours reading the reviews and believed I was buying a top notch entry level AR (maybe I should of bought a Smith) This is upsetting a brand new gun field striped and oiled right out of the box quit after only 80 rounds. How can I ever have any confidence in this weapon again.Springfield Armory THIS IS A FAIL
I do have one of your SAR 3 and it does function flawless and this is what I expect with this AR
I have emailed the warranty dept and am waiting for a response
Forgive the questions but did you lube it up well before firing? What ammo were you firing? Is it jammed with a round in the chamber?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forgive the questions but did you lube it up well before firing? What ammo were you firing? Is it jammed with a round in the chamber?
Yes field striped and well lubed with CLP and yes it might have a round stuck in the chamber, not sure, but lets assume so for safety purposes the bolt is 95% closed and I cant see anything, the ammo was new inbox wolf. I do have the upper separated from the lower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can see the teeth on the bolt and they appear to be half engaged and the bolt wont budge if it wasn't a brand new weapon I would attempt to repair it myself, I think there might be a problem with the bolt possibly burrs and if it is burrs then this weapon is no good

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can see the teeth on the bolt and they appear to be half engaged and the bolt wont budge if it wasn't a brand new weapon I would attempt to repair it myself, I think there might be a problem with the bolt possibly burrs and if it is burrs then this weapon is no good
When I field striped it there wasn't any burrs if there are burrs now then there is a problem with the material

·
506 Posts
This platform is on a NO BUY list for me. Too many problems from users.

I concur on steel ammo in this rifle, simply don't.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've put about 300 rounds through mine so far. I would add, though, that these are relatively new platforms and have gone through a fairly rapid design/upgrade/new version process. I, personally, have not seen that many complaints about out-of-the-box issues given the number that are out there now. Just my own opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have over 5000 rounds through mine and not a single issue. Only upgrade is bcm charging handle and optics. I’d trust it with my life. I would add I only use good brass ammo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I started shooting military rifles in 1953. Cleaning my Marine Corps issued M1 was never as dirty as my Saint. I thought it was the cheap ammo that I was using. My blowback handguns never have had that much burnt gunpowder. I had no idea that it may be the design. This is my first AR15. I bought this rifle because of Springfield's quality and the reliability of of the Stoner design. That's disappointing. It seams that everything that I read was written by writers chumming up to Springfield. Are there any honest reviews anymore?
The entire AR/M16 line - in other words, direct impingement - are crappier compared to old M14, M1, Lee Enfields, M1903. Period. Got it.

Okay, the old cars we grew up with were also better to hit things with, i.e. their fronts were metal not plastic and the bumper was a separate piece that you could replace with a few bolts and not have to total the car or replace the entire front 30% after a 5mph collision. And the older cars had distributor caps and they could still run after the EMP from a nuclear burst. Today's cars would have the engine management computer fried by EMP and they'd be junked after a nuke.

Despite all that, old things stop being produced by way more smarter people and are replaced with new things. For a reason. Don't know what those reasons are, but it is free market economies so if the old stuff was truly better they'd be building it and people and organizations would still be buying it. Not saying EVERY aspect of new things are better, but most times in most cases newer things are better than old things.

Vinyl>8track>cassette>CDs>mp3 for example...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a Saint Victor PDW yesterday. Range time was disappointing. I'm hoping it was ammo sensitive and not a more functional issue. I would literally have to reset the trigger after most feeds. No problem with extraction. Selector lever would not move until magazine was taken out and round manually ejected, trigger reset, placed on safe, magazine re-inserted and selector to fire. Longest string of firing without a malfunction was 6 rounds. I only used one type of ammo (PMC) because I didn't want to expend the green tip ammo I have. Will give it a thorough cleaning and function test today.... Anyone have similar problems?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts