Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third Saint ,I've had the first one that came out and the free floating hand guard one. Never had any problems with those 2. Took my Edge shooting the first time today and shot Pmc 223 55 grain through it. It kept jamming and would not take the next round into the chamber. I would have to pull the charging handle every time to shoot it. It felt like there wasn't enough power to cycle the bolt carrier. Do you guys thinks this is ammo related or something with the gun. The gun has no mods and is straight out of the box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my third Saint ,I've had the first one that came out and the free floating hand guard one. Never had any problems with those 2. Took my Edge shooting the first time today and shot Pmc 223 55 grain through it. It kept jamming and would not take the next round into the chamber. I would have to pull the charging handle every time to shoot it. It felt like there wasn't enough power to cycle the bolt carrier. Do you guys thinks this is ammo related or something with the gun. The gun has no mods and is straight out of the box.
It has an adjustable gas block, if you are shooting .223 out of the box and not 556, I bet you need to fine tune it. .223 produces significantly less pressure than a .556 round. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts