Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shot about 300-350 rounds with this pistol. Bullets jam in chamber from time to time. A forum I went to expressed a "break in period" of about 200-250 rounds. The issue is not that severe now.

Real issue is the firing pin came out of the back of the pistol and hit me in the chest! Has anyone experienced this issue?

I sent the pistol back to SA for repair. I received the Invoice with no mention of the firing pin issue. I have emailed them this a.m. to find out about the firing pin issue.

Since I am a new pistol owner some of the terms in the invoice may address the firing pin issue?

They are: 1. Reamed Chamber, 2. Recut & Polished Barrel Ramp, 3. Polished Bottom of slide, 4. Tuned Extractor, 5. Safety Checked & Tested

Has anybody had this Firing Pin Ejection problem?

Does any of the listed repair address the firing pin issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have shot about 300-350 rounds with this pistol. Bullets jam in chamber from time to time. A forum I went to expressed a "break in period" of about 200-250 rounds. The issue is not that severe now.

Real issue is the firing pin came out of the back of the pistol and hit me in the chest! Has anyone experienced this issue?

I sent the pistol back to SA for repair. I received the Invoice with no mention of the firing pin issue. I have emailed them this a.m. to find out about the firing pin issue.

Since I am a new pistol owner some of the terms in the invoice may address the firing pin issue?

They are: 1. Reamed Chamber, 2. Recut & Polished Barrel Ramp, 3. Polished Bottom of slide, 4. Tuned Extractor, 5. Safety Checked & Tested

Has anybody had this Firing Pin Ejection problem?

Does any of the listed repair address the firing pin issue?
Just got the answer from SA as follows:

We inspected your pistol and did find some debris in the firing pin channel that would of caused the firing pin to stick forward and cause the firing pin stop to drop and the firing pin to come out. That was cleaned up and unfortunately left off the order. If you have any future issues please let us know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts