Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb question but is the front sight simply a push on/off dovetail fitting? The reason I ask is that it appears that there is a barrel bushing in the slide and I want to be sure there is not a stake hiding under it. I just ordered a gold bead sight from Cylinder and Slide and want to do this right.

My Dan Wesson's dovetail front sights are staked thus my concern.

615 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It would be nice if you would go into the New Member Introduction section an say a little something about yourself. There are a number of folks on here with SA-35's. Hopefully one will be along to help with your inquiry.

· Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
77 Posts
If they followed the "original" design it should just push out.

As some pointless trivia, the dovetailed front sight, along with a few other minor changes, was a feature of the Inglis-Browning Hi-Power, a Canadian copy that was made from Feb 44 to Sept 45 using 6 FN P35's as models, that were contracted for and exported to China by FN, and then brought to Canada (although there are those who also believe the pistols were smuggled out of Nazi controlled Belgium, but they are in the minority for this.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts