Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I found a EMP Ronin 4” …. That by itself isn’t so easy. It’s now at my LGS and background check is happening (takes up to 10 biz days in WA). Eventually, I plan to make this my EDC, replacing my Sig P365xl. When I do, I’m going to need a good holster, obviously. Right now I carry appendix/1:00 and like it. Comfortable and fast and easy concealment.

The challenge has been finding a IWB holster designed specifically for this gun. Plenty of OWB leather and OWB kydex. I do have a Vedder light tuck for a generic 1911 4” on the way, but thinking this may not work due to design of the EMP.

Any thoughts or input would be great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would stick with the P365XL. That’s like the ultimate concealed carry gun- especially with the red dot optic.
Thanks …. I like it, but I shoot 1911’s better. Add to that, I live in WA state. I have a P365xl with 12 round mags. I cannot change that to any greater mag size due to WA laws. The EMP Ronin with 10 round mag is essentially the same from that perspective.

Given the concealability of the EMP and the P365xl are pretty similar, that I shoot the 1911 better, and that there is no real, appreciable difference in ammo capacity, I am returning to the 1911. Before the P365xl, I carried a Ruger SR1911 COmmander on the daily.

Really, I am hoping for some insight on holsters, not insight on guns.

Reactions: Doons

·
Registered
RIA Tac Ultra CS 9mm, SA Ronin 4.25" 9mm, SA EMP 3" .40 S&W, SDS Bantam 1911 9mm
10 Posts
Okay, so I found a EMP Ronin 4” …. That by itself isn’t so easy. It’s now at my LGS and background check is happening (takes up to 10 biz days in WA). Eventually, I plan to make this my EDC, replacing my Sig P365xl. When I do, I’m going to need a good holster, obviously. Right now I carry appendix/1:00 and like it. Comfortable and fast and easy concealment.

The challenge has been finding a IWB holster designed specifically for this gun. Plenty of OWB leather and OWB kydex. I do have a Vedder light tuck for a generic 1911 4” on the way, but thinking this may not work due to design of the EMP.

The EMP Ronin 4" has the same basic frame dimensions as any of the 4.25" Springfield 1911's. I have a 3" EMP .40 and it fits in the same holster as my 4.25" Ronin 9mm.
The Emissary is where you would run into issues with holster compatibility because of the squared off trigger guard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EMP Ronin 4" has the same basic frame dimensions as any of the 4.25" Springfield 1911's. I have a 3" EMP .40 and it fits in the same holster as my 4.25" Ronin 9mm.
The Emissary is where you would run into issues with holster compatibility because of the squared off trigger guard.
That makes sense why I can find holsters for the 4.25” Ronin but not the 4” EMP Ronin. Very helpful!

Reactions: Jetster

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
89 Posts
Give the Galco "Sto n Go" STO266 (natural leather) and STO266B (black leather) a look for IWB use. I've been using one for over a year now for my 4" S.A. EMP4 C.C.C. with very good fitment, retention, and presentation. Even though the mag release is exposed, I have yet to press it unintentionally during carry or on the draw. My only gripe is that I wish it had a metal clip, but the standard polymer clip is pretty stout. Hope this helps; here's some pics...
Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Handgun holster

Leg Wood Grey Audio equipment Felidae

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Auto part

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Give the Galco "Sto n Go" STO266 (natural leather) and STO266B (black leather) a look for IWB use. I've been using one for over a year now for my 4" S.A. EMP4 C.C.C. with very good fitment, retention, and presentation. Even though the mag release is exposed, I have yet to press it unintentionally during carry or on the draw. My only gripe is that I wish it had a metal clip, but the standard polymer clip is pretty stout. Hope this helps; here's some pics...
Very helpful. I like Galco a lot. It's pretty much all that I use for OWB for my 1911's. I don't mind the mag release being exposed. Most of my IWB holsters are that way.

Reactions: AIRB0RNE6176

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or my 4" S.A. EMP4 C.C.C.
Question for you ..... is the difference between the EMP4 C.C.C. and the EMP4 Ronin essentially the way the grip is designed?

Reactions: AIRB0RNE6176

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
89 Posts
The only differences I know is the grip design/shape and ambi-safety on the C.C.C. All else should be the same, as I added a night sight to the front of mine as well as the VZ Grips and Pearce Rubber Front Grip.

·
528 Posts
2A Holsters, Kusiak Holsters and Wright Holsters all show IWB holsters for the EMP 4". These may be for the original but not specifically for the Ronin version. I would check with them and see. I have holsters from each manufacturer and they are great, especially the IWB leather ones from Kusiak and Wright. The 2A I have is an OWB and is kydex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2A Holsters, Kusiak Holsters and Wright Holsters all show IWB holsters for the EMP 4". These may be for the original but not specifically for the Ronin version. I would check with them and see. I have holsters from each manufacturer and they are great, especially the IWB leather ones from Kusiak and Wright. The 2A I have is an OWB and is kydex.
Vedder Light Tuck shows up today. Once I have the gun, if that doesn't work out then I will be looking at these choices. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
Chambers Built GI,Combat Operator,RO 9MM OP, LW Champ OP, MilSpec Meusoc,GI Micro, RoninEMP,Garrison
25 Posts
Just got a Milt Sparks summer special iwb for my Ronin 4” and it is probably the most comfortable holster I have ever used in my 20 plus years of CCW. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got a Milt Sparks summer special iwb for my Ronin 4” and it is probably the most comfortable holster I have ever used in my 20 plus years of CCW. I highly recommend it.
So, you’re carrying it strong side IWB? Can it be adjusted to be straight up and down without a cant?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes strong side but you would need a different model for no or less cant. I where between 3&4 o clock on my right side.
Got it ….. I have a couple Galco Combat Masters for strong side carry with my Kimber and my Ruger. Great OWB strong side holster. I’ve only ever done strong side IWB with my Sig, but might be worth a try with this new gun.

Reactions: IraG2362

·
Registered
Chambers Built GI,Combat Operator,RO 9MM OP, LW Champ OP, MilSpec Meusoc,GI Micro, RoninEMP,Garrison
25 Posts

any Commander size holster will work. I use a Milt Sparks and it is a perfect fit.
Hand Arm Sleeve Textile Gesture

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
any Commander size holster will work. I use a Milt Sparks and it is a perfect fit.
That wasn’t clear to me since more than one holster manufacturer has holsters specific to the EMP 3. Thanks for the input.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts