Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
493 Posts
Yes, one in chamber

I've had a permit since 2000, but only recently started carrying with a round in the chamber. A video by Patrick Kilchermann (Concealed Carry University) persuaded me, that and current events.

Also, I switched to a XDs as my EDC piece. I believe the back strap safety provides the layer of silly mistake proofing I need to make me comfortable carrying with a chambered round. That's just one reason I so love the XD line.

I, too, am interested to see how others on this forum answer this question.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
My EDC is a SR45 and it always has a round in the chamber. My holster covers the trigger. I've never outlived my Boy Scout motto, "Always be prepared "!!

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
It's not going to do much good without 1 in the chamber,.......unless you want to just throw it at them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Pretty revolver, unclebob! What exactly is it?
Thanks!
S&W model 36.
I purchased it new in the 70's for $131.00
This is one I may never part with.
I just bought a new MOD-2 for more capacity, but the 36 is still my all time go to firearm.

·
493 Posts
Thanks!
S&W model 36.
I purchased it new in the 70's for $131.00
This is one I may never part with.
I just bought a new MOD-2 for more capacity, but the 36 is still my all time go to firearm.
Wow, $131. The wonders of inflation! Our Founders understood the dangers of fiat money!

Is it a .357 mag?

I have a 20 year old S&W 686 (.357) that I just LOVE and hit very well with, but I do prefer to carry a flatter, higher capacity piece (with one in the chamber of course). For me, the grip safety common to all members of the XD family provides the perfect amount of safety.

I hope you come to love your new Mod2 almost as much as the 36.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow, $131. The wonders of inflation! Our Founders understood the dangers of fiat money!

Is it a .357 mag?

I have a 20 year old S&W 686 (.357) that I just LOVE and hit very well with, but I do prefer to carry a flatter, higher capacity piece (with one in the chamber of course). For me, the grip safety common to all members of the XD family provides the perfect amount of safety.

I hope you come to love your new Mod2 almost as much as the 36.
It,s a .38.
Haven't used the MOD-2 yet.
I plan on looking for a range gun to put my S&W model 59 into semi retirement.
I may buy a 5.in tactical, because I'll have the same platform or a Walther PPQ longslide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts