Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Ronin.o
.Field striped to clean. Slide stop will not go in. Not new to 1911's have 4 of them. The slide stop pin through the link is good. Barrel does not move and sits flush. Problem comes when trying to insert stop flush slide. Lined up the small slot and the stop will not insert fully. Figured I did something wrong in the assembly so I disassembled 2 other 1911's reassembled them no problem.

Not sure if I am explaining this correctly. Advise needed.

Mikiec66

615 Posts
Maybe the small plunger that is against the right side of the slide stop is not retracting. Take some small tool and push the plunger in and try inserting the slide stop.
Welcome to the forum btw.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply's
Checked the slide for cracks.
Here is what I found. Removed slide stops from 2 other 1911's. Both were no go. The slide stop from the Roni worked in the 2 other Guns. The plunger moves when pushing it with my finger.

Looks like time to contact Springfield..

Mikiec66

· Registered
551 Posts
Just a thought, when you pull the slide back as to remove the slide stop and they line up with the two holes and you then push the slip stop out.
Then when you reassemble and want to insert the slide stop into its correct position what happen if you insert the slide stop from the ejection port side, how far will it fit through? it should go almost to other side.
Hence then line up the two holes from the correct side, you insert the slide stop, it goes in 90%, and then bring the slide back (about an inch where it should in theory) allow you to push the slide stop completely in, it makes no sense if that slide stop cam e out of that pistol how it cannot be pushed all the way in.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Working.
Ended up having to move the plunger back so the slid stop snaps back in.
Long term solution is to have my gunsmith fix that problem

Thanks for all your help.
Mikike66

· Registered
2023 EMP Ronin 9 mm
15 Posts
Brand new Ronin.o
.Field striped to clean. Slide stop will not go in. Not new to 1911's have 4 of them. The slide stop pin through the link is good. Barrel does not move and sits flush. Problem comes when trying to insert stop flush slide. Lined up the small slot and the stop will not insert fully. Figured I did something wrong in the assembly so I disassembled 2 other 1911's reassembled them no problem.

Not sure if I am explaining this correctly. Advise needed.

Mikiec66
I wish I had read this before I took my new emp ronin apart to clean. Had the exact same issue. Slide stop would not go back in. after many attempts had to push the slide stop plumber in with a small flat head screw driver then slide stop snapped in immediately but not before scratching the gun. The manual states reassembly is the reverse of disassembly. I did not have to push the slide stop plunger in to get the slide stop out. I contacted SA CS and sent gun back so waiting to hear if they will cover the repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts