Repost from Guest Stickie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Straightwall, May 11, 2015.

1. Straightwall

Straightwall New Member

Hello everyone! I can't remember if I intro'd myself yet, so here goes.
    I spent most of my life in the Midwest and have lived in SE Texas now for the last ten years. Life is good.

Only a few bucks left on my Mil-Spec layaway. Can't wait to have a 1911 again. Woo hooo!

2. jflytle

jflytle New Member

Welcome from Northern Illinois. Make sure to post pic's when you have that pistol in-hand.

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

4. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Welcome to the blender.

5. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Mon!

6. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe I'll have the patience to do a thread on The MilSpec Through The Ages. The quality of the gun shipped by SA has only ever improved. A little better every year. I expect you will find a total absence of milling marks inside the slide and frame, and perfectly finished external surfaces. This wasn't always the case, but the current MilSpec puts any Colt 1911 made after 1938 to shame.

Of course, maybe you bought one in 9mm... In that case you wasted a perfectly good slide and frame :D

7. Straightwall

Straightwall New Member

I have the Mil-Spec in-hand now and have to agree that quality has gone up since my first Springfield 15-16 years ago. Oh, and mine came in .30 Carbine because I like 'em LOUD!
    Jk, .45acp it is.

8. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow! That would go just fine with my Marlin 'Levermatic' in .30 carbine. Yep it would!

9. pokute

Where do I line up to get my SA 1911 in 30 carbine?!

10. squirrelhunter

I'm still waiting on them to make 1 in 44 magnum :D.

11. pokute

Three letters: L A R!

12. squirrelhunter

I didn't think that was a 1911 but I guess they were a scaled up version. Sounds like a lot of replacing springs though. There's 1 at Cabelas in Billings Montana though :D.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  13. pokute

I can't have a gun shipped from out of state. I let one go because it had a full set of barrels (and corresponding $5K price tag), and I think that 45 WinMag is the right round for the Grizzly, so I'll be happy with a Mark I for $1500 or so.

14. squirrelhunter

I don't think it's available anymore and I don't have $1,500 anyway,guess I'll just stay with the Desert Eagle. :D