Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I can't remember if I intro'd myself yet, so here goes.
I spent most of my life in the Midwest and have lived in SE Texas now for the last ten years. Life is good.

Only a few bucks left on my Mil-Spec layaway. Can't wait to have a 1911 again. Woo hooo!

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Maybe I'll have the patience to do a thread on The MilSpec Through The Ages. The quality of the gun shipped by SA has only ever improved. A little better every year. I expect you will find a total absence of milling marks inside the slide and frame, and perfectly finished external surfaces. This wasn't always the case, but the current MilSpec puts any Colt 1911 made after 1938 to shame.

Of course, maybe you bought one in 9mm... In that case you wasted a perfectly good slide and frame :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Mil-Spec in-hand now and have to agree that quality has gone up since my first Springfield 15-16 years ago. Oh, and mine came in .30 Carbine because I like 'em LOUD!
Jk, .45acp it is.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Wow! That would go just fine with my Marlin 'Levermatic' in .30 carbine. Yep it would!
Where do I line up to get my SA 1911 in 30 carbine?!

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Three letters: L A R!

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I didn't think that was a 1911 but I guess they were a scaled up version. Sounds like a lot of replacing springs though. There's 1 at Cabelas in Billings Montana though :D.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
I can't have a gun shipped from out of state. I let one go because it had a full set of barrels (and corresponding $5K price tag), and I think that 45 WinMag is the right round for the Grizzly, so I'll be happy with a Mark I for $1500 or so.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I don't think it's available anymore and I don't have $1,500 anyway,guess I'll just stay with the Desert Eagle. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts