Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the XS combat sight the Previous owner had installed on my EMP3.
I have difficulty seeing the little vertical mark.

I'm having an issue finding a manufacturer that makes Fiber Optic Novac (green) set
apparently the EMP dovetail is 60° and normal 1911 dovetails are 65°.

Have any of you replace the OEM sights on you EMP 3's ?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've emailed Springfield Armory, for their take.
TruGlo was little help, they can offer what they THINK would fit?
Best advice offered was buy the set and try them :cautious: I was not impressed with that suggestion.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you have a fiber optic in the front sight what diameter is it. Easy and quick to replace, multiple colour on the market, dirt cheap. . Usually 1mm or 1.5mm. Friend of mine had someone drill a hole in the existing front sight, that worked with skill operator on a drill.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front is an XS DXT2 Night Sights Tritium the rear is XS Non-Tritium.
My beef is the small single vertical mark on the rear is hard for old eye to see.

Previous owner paid $118 for these, I would have kept the OEM 3 dots.
Now that I'm shopping, I would go with Fiber Optics, I have email into Springfield, to see what they offer...

·
432 Posts

·
Registered
1911 RO Compact
9 Posts
Springfield does offer fiber optic, “tru-glo” type sights on some of their 1911’s. My two RO Compacts has them. I’m sure they can help you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Springfield Armory responded, favorable, they offer options, Fiber Optic front and 2 dot rear set, Fiber Optic on both, and Tritium Night Sights. I can send the slide to them for install, or they send the set of my choice.

TruGlo won't give me straight answer, I asked for the part number or a photo of the one they say should fit.
The guy beat around the bush, and said there may be some fitting needed ???
TruGlo will not get an order from me

·
432 Posts
Springfield Armory responded, favorable they offer options, Fiber Optic front and 2 dot rear set, Fiber Optic on both, and Tritium Night Sights. I can send the slide to them for install, or they send the set of my choice.
Excellent! Let us know which ones you decide on and please post some pics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well Sir, it's been an education, swapping the sights is neither something lightly entertained or cost efficient.
Common 1911 Sight Dovetails (kensight.com)
The Sight dovetails are proprietary and in my EMP Novac design.
TruGlo would require machining the slide, a costly option and void the SA warranty, so that's out.
SA has the sights, but the cost is approaching $200 with postage for the set I'd like.
I can revert to (SA) OEM for around $60, eh ! not really what I wanted either.
So, in the end, I pay up or just get along with the XS Combat.
I did not buy the EMT for target or plinking anyway, it is a OWB woods carry in this holster.
My CCW is a SIG 365.

Attachments

·
432 Posts
I like the stock sights on my EMP 4 Champion. Two white dot rear and a red fiber optic front. Very easy to see (in daylight at least) and easy to line up and shoot accurately at the range. I would think those would also be the stock set for your EMP3 and be an improvement over the XS Combat sights currently installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IT is an option to consider~ SA said that sets front was $34 the rear $19.99 or about $60 mailed.
I'd like to see a photo though before I order.

·
432 Posts
Here's a pic from the internet. I'm about ready to go trout fishing but I'll take some pics of mine tonight and post them for you. They look like these though. You might want to check with SA and make sure these are the sights they're talking about.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
432 Posts
As promised, here are pics of the stock sights on my EMP4 Champion. If these are the one's SA will be selling you then I highly recommend them.

Camera accessory Automotive tire Bicycle part Cameras & optics Audio equipment
Wood Camera accessory Audio equipment Gadget Tints and shades

1 - 16 of 16 Posts