Springfield Armory Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Springfield Armory Hellcat
12 Posts
The Hellcat is just a pistol, made in Croatia and from what i have read in various forums they have more issues than most other compacts. Hornady ammunition is just that, ammunition. All, and i say again all 9mm pistols or for that fact all pistol must be able to use all ammunition made, respective of brand. A pistol is a pistol, some great others not so. In fact if used for defense then all the person being attached/assault is attempting to do is to stop the person not to kill him or her. I take issue with your comment "only a fool carries full metal jacket for defensive carry" ammo.
Your opinion is your opinion why do you take issue to that or not is your choice. But I stand by that only a fool carries full metal jacket for defensive carry. Your opinion is your opinion and if you take issue to that or not is your choice. But I stand by that only a fool carries full metal jacket for defensive Carry. Hollow points are designed to enter the body and expand thus preventing possible over penetration and exiting the body and continuing traveling with a potential of hitting an innocent person. Full metal jacket do not do this, so for a person to carry full metal jacket for defensive carry obviously has no experience in ammunition or firearms for that matter. Full metal jacket will go through and through thus going through the target and exiting and hitting a potential innocent person. Carrying hollow points or ammunition that’s designed to break up upon entering a soft target is the only and the smartest way anyone that’s not careless should carry in their every day defensive carry firearm. But your opinion is your opinion. Everyone has one. This is my opinion. And I don’t know where you’re getting your hellcat information from but every forum I have read and my experience with the three I have never experienced a malfunction at all! This cannot be said for many of the other micro compact 9 mm. But again your opinion is your opinion. So take issue with whatever you want, that’s what America is about, we’re allowed to have our opinions.

·
Registered
2021, Springfield Armory Hellcat
12 Posts
Do the research know what you’re talking about. A gun is not a gun and ammunition is not ammunition they all perform differently in every brand that I’ve experienced and that I have shot Hornady and Federal ammunition are the only two ammunition that I would trust in my defense firearm and trust in my life with. Also shot placement is vital. If someone is attacking me, I’m putting two in the chest regardless. If my life or the life of someone else was in danger by someone I would not shoot them in the leg or the arm I would put 2 Center mass, that’s how I’m trained. I agree with you on when you’re being attacked all you want to do is stop the attacker, putting 2 Center mass will stop them. If I have to use deadly force the persons survival is no longer my concern, my survival and the survival of an innocent person is my concern.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We shall agree to disagree. As for Hellcats performance that is what this whole 42 posts are about. There are many more similar post on other forums as i mentioned. I still am a full size pistol supporter, especially when i was carrying. Now i use pistols in sport and ammunition is just that, placement is critical and a criteria. Prefer .40 cal much prefer 1911 single stacks. Colt, Ruger, STI Trojan, and anything but a striker fire. Most positions where one carries do not allow choice so you use what you get. All the best to you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Your opinion is your opinion why do you take issue to that or not is your choice. But I stand by that only a fool carries full metal jacket for defensive carry. Your opinion is your opinion and if you take issue to that or not is your choice. But I stand by that only a fool carries full metal jacket for defensive Carry. Hollow points are designed to enter the body and expand thus preventing possible over penetration and exiting the body and continuing traveling with a potential of hitting an innocent person. Full metal jacket do not do this, so for a person to carry full metal jacket for defensive carry obviously has no experience in ammunition or firearms for that matter. Full metal jacket will go through and through thus going through the target and exiting and hitting a potential innocent person. Carrying hollow points or ammunition that’s designed to break up upon entering a soft target is the only and the smartest way anyone that’s not careless should carry in their every day defensive carry firearm. But your opinion is your opinion. Everyone has one. This is my opinion. And I don’t know where you’re getting your hellcat information from but every forum I have read and my experience with the three I have never experienced a malfunction at all! This cannot be said for many of the other micro compact 9 mm. But again your opinion is your opinion. So take issue with whatever you want, that’s what America is about, we’re allowed to have our opinions.
YAWN!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do the research know what you’re talking about. A gun is not a gun and ammunition is not ammunition they all perform differently in every brand that I’ve experienced and that I have shot Hornady and Federal ammunition are the only two ammunition that I would trust in my defense firearm and trust in my life with. Also shot placement is vital. If someone is attacking me, I’m putting two in the chest regardless. If my life or the life of someone else was in danger by someone I would not shoot them in the leg or the arm I would put 2 Center mass, that’s how I’m trained. I agree with you on when you’re being attacked all you want to do is stop the attacker, putting 2 Center mass will stop them. If I have to use deadly force the persons survival is no longer my concern, my survival and the survival of an innocent person is my concern.
Well well, sonny how many people have you put two into center mass? Nice Security Guard Uniform Sonny.

·
553 Posts
My 2 cents worth on carrying FMJ vs. JHP:

I always carry JHP (unless I am carrying a 38 or 357 with soft nose rounds; these expand well); however, it seems like an overstatement to say that only a fool carries FMJ for defense. First of all, FMJ has a long and effective military history. Second, I have an acquaintance who carries a Glock 22 (40 cal.) with FMJ. He carries FMJ because in his work as a Game Warden, he has seen FMJ stop animals that JHP did not, especially feral hogs. Apparently, if your target has a thick skull (or perhaps something like armor) then FMJ can be more effective than JHP.

That said, I always carry JHP (or soft nose) because it dramatically reduces the chance of a round over-penetrating and injuring someone else after it has passed through the intended target.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts