Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my Hellcat OSP yesterday and wondering what most people are using for optics and holster. I’d like something sturdy and dependable but not looking to break my bank account. Suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up my Hellcat OSP yesterday and wondering what most people are using for optics and holster. I’d like something sturdy and dependable but not looking to break my bank account. Suggestions?
Check out Alien Gear holsters. Made in Post Falls Idaho, they have several options and are the most comfortable holsters I have. They even have free exchange if you change weapons or you can purchase a different "shell" if you choose to carry a different sidearm you also own. Lifetime warranty and super customer service.

·
496 Posts
Agreed on Alien Gear. Same for CrossBreed and Hidden Hybrid Holsters. JUST BE SURE TO SPECIFY WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT THE HOLSTER TO FIT WITH AN OPTIC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the XDS MOD 2 in 9mm with a red dot. There are far more to choose from for the Hellcat (which makes no sense).
Long story short I ended up buying the Blade-Tech for mine.
I have noticed some flaws I didn't care for.
First their so called concealment wing. I cut it off. The plate it's connected to must stay on the belt clip assembly to keep it stationary. So I just used a Dremel and cut the wing off. Regardless of what their hype says my weapon is far more concealed and comfortable without it.
Recently I've noticed some slight wear on the bottom sides of the red dot. The sweat guards help protect the red dot but they are not lined at all.
My next project is to find something to line those with.
I have a custom leather IWB ordered but it's months away.
An all metal red dot like the one on the Hellcat may not wear at all from the sweat guards.
As soon as the Wasp shows up in stock in retailers other than Springfield I will be changing out the Crimson Trace to it.
I've already found several retailers pre-order price for the Wasp for as little as $139.00 as opposed to Springfields retailer of $200.00.
You would think they would price it more fairly for weapon it's designed to fit. Especially to replace the all plastic Crimson Trace.
I will say in 3 months it's held zero. 20 yard zero MOA groups. But, eventually because it's all plastic it will give out long before an all metal construction.
Hope this is of some use.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Look really hard at 1791 Leather .. there quality is outstanding and they offer colors . There customer service is OUTSTANDING and if your VET they OFFER a Military discount not like Springfield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered a Bladetech holster for my RDP and only had to trim the toe out for the comp,just going to use it as a stopgap until I can get my local holster maker to turn me out some of his kydex for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts