Range Report on XDS 45

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by XDS451959, Sep 7, 2015.

1. XDS451959

XDS451959 New Member

Finally, had a chance to take my new XDS .45 to the range. I put 200 rounds through it without any problems. I shot 130 rounds of Remington green & white box UMC 230 grain FMJ, 50 rounds of PMC Bronze 230 grain FMJ and 20 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 185 grain JHP FTX, my carry round. Very impressed with how well the gun handled. It does have a kick to it, but nothing I can't control. This is my first SA and I believe I made a good choice. This will be just one of my CCW weapons. I have a Crimson Trace Red Dot laser arriving tomorrow and I am in the market for some night sights, also.

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Congrats! Good to hear that it just ran with no issues.

3. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I know this is the Springfield forum, but I liked XDm before I found this forum. XDs is more concealable than the double stack XDm series. For me the narrow grip just feels too thin.

Even so, I'm glad you like it. Enjoy!

4. XDS451959

XDS451959 New Member

I am just the opposite. I like thin/narrow grips, because I have small hands. The double stack firearms, I can't get my hand around it and have good control, shooting it.

5. ybnorml

ybnorml New Member

Always good to hear no hiccups, burps, or farts while shooting !!!
    Absolutely none with my XDm or XD Mod2....

6. zenith47

zenith47 New Member

Glad to hear you had a good experience with your XDs .45 ACP. I can testify to its reliability. I've had mine since 2012, put over 1700 rounds through it, and have yet to experience and FTF or FTE.