Range officer compact

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by jtcaceres, Sep 13, 2014.

1. jtcaceres

jtcaceres New Member

Has anybody bought the RO compact? If so does anybody know how remove the barrel for cleaning?

2. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't own one, but here's a video showing the process.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDLPk-yaXo[/ame]

3. jtcaceres

jtcaceres New Member

Thanks for the video, the compact RO has a different set up. I only have found one video on YouTube but not enough to figure it out. Thanks again

4. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

You need to hold the slide back against spring pressure to remove the slide stop. There is probably a small hole drilled through the guide rod so that you can put a paper clip through to hold the spring compressed while removing the guide rod (which also makes reassembly much easier). Anyway, that's the normal procedure with a bull-barrel. The same procedure can be used to take down any 1911. If you've ever seen Jackie Chan do the one-handed-field-strip, it's basically the same thing.

Wish I could buy that gun in CA.

5. BillAAZ

BillAAZ New Member

I saw one today at a local shop and it looked very nice. It would make a nice match to my full size. $750

Thinking about it real hard. :cool:

Bill

6. gunjunkee

gunjunkee New Member

Pokute, find a shop that sells them as single shot. Once you reciever the gun walk outside bring it back in and they convert it back. That's how I've gotten all my not for sale in calif guns lol. I have a shop I go to all the time and I live in calif. But only have until dec 31 to get my last single shot. They will get me the RO for $850.

7. jimmytictoc

jimmytictoc New Member

New member from Henderson Nevada, love my Springfield XD 45 ACP

8. pokute

I never even heard of the SSE shops until about a month ago! Ah well, I have more 1911's than I need already... Let's see... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... And I just sold one. The only one I'm holding out for now is a LAR Grizzly.

9. Crowslayer

Crowslayer New Member

New member hoping to get a new 1911 SA

10. pokute

Welcome! Make yourself an introduction thread and join the party! Which SA model are you leaning toward?

11. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

I brought my new RO Compact 9mm home yesterday. I took it apart using the YouTube video (yeah, stumbled and muttered a few cuss words); but the video is correct! Later, took it to the range for live ops check. I am very impressed .

12. pokute

My bad, I thought the compact was a bull barrel. We can't get them in CA.

Anyway... Yep, SA 1911's are fine guns.

And welcome to the forum!

13. jflytle

jflytle New Member

Jimmy and Crow, welcome. Lots of good information, and folks, around here.

14. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard you 2,you might want to go to the introductions forum and introduce yourself :D.

15. JEC

JEC New Member

Hi. I just bought two RO compacts. One for my son and one for myself. We are looking for a nice leather IWB holster to use. I tried the same one I have for the champion but the dimensions seem a little different and the kydex scrapes the gun a little. That's why I would like to know of something all leather that is designed for the compact. Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks

16. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Milt Sparks Summer Special or any of a number of look alike.

17. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Interesting gun laws that you have in the Peoples Republic of California.

18. pokute

It's the darn drop-test. We never know from one month to the next which guns will be on the approved list here. And since you can't drop a bare frame with the hammer down and a bullet in the chamber, bare frames are extremely difficult to get here.

19. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

You may want to consider escaping to Mexico. I understand that Barry O. is working with an organization called Americans Transferring Firearms. They send donated guns to Mexican pharmaceutical firms to supply their security forces. So I would think that the gun laws in Mexico must not be as stringent.

20. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard JEC,why don't you slip on over to the introductions forum and tell us about yourself.