Range Officer compact thoughts

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by nolabrian83, Apr 29, 2015.

1. nolabrian83

nolabrian83 New Member

being a first time 1911 buyerthe Springfield Range Officer 9mm jumped out at me... I was caught in between Kimber and Sig Sauerand literally within the last 5 minutes of making my purchase I noticed Springfield had a pretty fine 1911... considering that I'm a greenhorn when it comes to these particular firearms I have a lot to learn and I was hoping that you could share anything that you could come to mine with would this be a great platform for a lifetime purchase and something worse customizing? Or am I going to need to look for something else down the road as I begin to advanced in the 1911 field? I'm hoping for this to be a lifelong purchase something that with time could be customized and kept in the family

2. nolabrian83

nolabrian83 New Member

functionality durability quality and so on? how long ago did the Range Officer come out? I usually do not like to buy products in their first generation and from what I've been reading the Range Officer is a fairly new gun for Springfield

3. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

It's just a cosmetic variation of the SA 1911. It's exactly as functional and durable as the MilSpec or the Loaded. The frame and slide on all production SA's are identical, the internals are identical, and they are all fitted exactly the same. All excellent except for the occasional lemon. Forum member Deerspy famously got a lemon.

4. nolabrian83

nolabrian83 New Member