Range Masochist

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pokute, Dec 26, 2014.

1. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

There were very few people at the range on Tuesday. One guy, conspicuous for the incredible number of shots he took without hitting anything, looked genuinely miserable. I watched him out of the corner of my eye while he dumped a few hundred rounds of DoubleTap ammo (at about a buck a shot) into the berm.

Putting on my cleanest Range Cowboy Hopalong Cassidy sized white hat, I tried to engage him in conversation by asking if he minded if I scrounged his 10mm brass. He said sure, since he "doesn't have the time to reload". I was pretty much taken aback by that... What kind of man can afford to dump $300 worth of ammo in an hour?

He pretty much resisted all attempts to get him on target; Grimly setting his jaw and pounding away at the berm.

Attached Files:

2. Winds

Winds Supporting Member Supporter

How far away was he from the target? I hate being frustrated. I would have asked you for advice and help. If he was only 7 yards from the target, I don't see how you can miss the paper at that distance. :confused: I'm not saying I'm always in the x-ring but I almost always at least hit in the rings of the targets.

3. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

He was shooting at 50 yard gongs. Way beyond his skills. He could have pasted a paper target up on the 7 yard rack just 40 feet down the line, but he was too "Daniel Boone" for that.

Most people are happy to get advice, and I've got plenty of folks hitting the gongs reliably with about 5 minutes of coaching. What this guy really needed was some quality time with a good 22 - Instead he had a bunch of 45's and 10's with light bullets and fireball loads. At least I got some nice new brass - Slightly bloated from the oversized chambers in his tupper pistolas.