Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most, I've been patiently waiting for the release of the Prodigy. A few gun shops have them in stock however, the only ones arriving are the 4.25" with the optics installed. The 5" Prodigy are arriving without optics and the shops are telling customers that none of the 5" have the optics and Springfield has not released the Hex for distribution. Springfield, what gives?

·
Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
65 Posts
You can get a Hex Dragonfly off of Amazon and many other distributors right now. However, and I have not looked, I can see the AOS plate you need to mount one being a problem to get, where everyone they make for the new platform is being packaged with the 4.25" version.

If you really want the 5" I would say just get the thing, shoot it, and wait however many months it takes to get the plate to add the optic, although you could also just wait and see the price for the entire package go down, something that has happened with the Hellcat Pro now that it has been out a while and has me considering adding one to my collection, although I do like the P365X Macro, but that has the problem of being new and the magazines are not available but it at least uses the same optics mounts as the rest of the P365X/XL line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning,
Imagine how excited I was as an owner of Springfield Mod 2, XD 40, SOCOM M1A, and this week the brand new Springfield Prodigy 5” 1911.
I went to the range yesterday only to have my very first shot fail to feed. After a few mins of wondering I spoke to the range officer who told me this is the third prodigy he has seen so this. The other two he put oil on and said it needed a break in period. I shot 200 rounds with failure to feed happening 90% of the time. Very upsetting and frustrating day plus wasting 200rds of ammo on top of a $1700 gun which is now back at the gunsmith already. Very frustrated.
Brand new out of the box expensive gun. As I’m looking at my cheap 9mms not have one failure at the range (CZ Scorpion, M&P Shield, Springfield Mod 2) I saved the Prodigy for last only to ruin my day out 😢
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shooting

Air gun Trigger Finger Gun barrel Machine gun

Joint Arm Muscle Gesture Elbow

Tire Automotive tire Rim Bumper Wheel

·
Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
65 Posts
...I shot 200 rounds with failure to feed happening 90% of the time. Very upsetting and frustrating day plus wasting 200rds of ammo on top of a $1700 gun which is now back at the gunsmith already. Very frustrated...
What are you running for ammo?, 1911's can be kind of picky on what they will work with.

Looking at the pictures, the COL seems longer than what I load 9mm to, but since this is based off of observations of a picture and not actually measuring things, it's really just guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like most, I've been quietly sitting tight for the arrival of the Wonder. A couple of firearm shops have them in stock be that as it may, the only ones showing up are the 4.25" with the optics introduced. The 5" Wonder are showing up without optics and the shops are let clients know that none of the 5" have the optics and Springfield has not delivered the Hex for conveyance. Springfield, what gives?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts