Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 10mm XDM Elite two days ago. This gun is freaking awesome!
Out shoots ALL of my Glock's and Ruger's with accuracy. This is my
first SA gun I have purchased. It is now my Night Stand gun for home protection.
16+1 rounds of Underwood 180hp's. I just HAD to fill in the lettering before I took this pic..馃槑 Iron Sights are DEAD-ON...Not putting a Red Dot on this at all...馃榾

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Registered
I just got my Elite 10mm 4.5 as well. Love it. Shoots fantastic. It's my third SA gun and I love all of them. Yours looks great! What did you use to highlight the lettering?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got my Elite 10mm 4.5 as well. Love it. Shoots fantastic. It's my third SA gun and I love all of them. Yours looks great! What did you use to highlight the lettering?
Bright white fingernail polish. Fill in the area. Let it sit for about five minutes. Then
lightly rub with a paper towel with Acetone Free Fingernail Polish Remover. All of my
guns have the letters filled in. Many of them....馃槑

Registered
Thanks for that, good reading, however it makes no positive response and leaves the question mid air. Each shooter to find his or her own answer.
10mm here is in so few pistols that cases are hard to come by. Many here use the .357 sig for competitions as the .40 cal is a no, no as a directive of the government.

It seems the general question as to whether a .40 can be fired in a 10mm was answered. You can, but not recommended because of the issues described.
As to whether AK47MAN's specific weapon will do it is something he will have to try and report on. I wouldn't try it myself, but that's just me.

Registered
2020 Springfield Armory Saint Victor .308 w/ Firefield Rapidstrike 1-6x24 scope & cantilever mount
It seems the general question as to whether a .40 can be fired in a 10mm was answered. You can, but not recommended because of the issues described.
As to whether AK47MAN's specific weapon will do it is something he will have to try and report on. I wouldn't try it myself, but that's just me.
EXACTLY! As a reloader of almost 50 years, one of the first things I learned was headspace, headspace, headspace! If it is not adhered to it can maim or worse, kill you! As he said in the video, it MAY work, but why would you want to? Even when I shot 357s and 44s on a regular basis, I NEVER used 38 Special or 44 Special brass in any of my pistols! If I wanted to save money and shoot lower powered loads, I used 38 Special and/or 44 Special data in 357 and 44 Magnum cases.

But, to get back on track. Here is my XDm Elite in 10 that I just brought home Wednesday morning! I can't wait to get her to the range!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

I have 3 magazines, a range bag and an OSP plate for the Burris Fastfire 3, Vortex Venom or Viper or Dragonfly red dots, for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts