Pics of a Barnes 9MM 115g XPD used on a deer

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by SWThomas, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

I know we all like to see what bullets look like when they've been fired through something. I made an unfortunate spine shot on a buck last week and he needed to be finished off. I drew my Glock 19 and put one in his vitals from about 5 feet. I was able to recover the bullet since it was just outside the skin on the other side. Here's what it looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Typical Barnes performance. I've tested some of their muzzleloader bullets and they look exactly like this.

2. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Supporter

Also a Pat Rogers fan...

3. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Nice bullet. Actually killing a human size animal will give you some very good info about bullet performance. BTW do you have pics of the wound channel?

4. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

Unfortunately no. I took this one to the processor so I didn't get to inspect the damage. But I have taken plenty of game with Barnes 250g T-EZ. Same awesome performance.

5. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Supporter

Can you recommend any links?

6. mgardner

mgardner New Member

The only tests ever done on live human sized animals and documented were the Strasbourg Tests. It was done on live goats. Google it. I know from my own experiences and shooting tons of game with a handgun what wounds are created and how quick the lights went out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013