Picked up my New TRP Operator and headed to the range

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by gunjunkee, Dec 11, 2014.

1. gunjunkee

gunjunkee New Member

Yep a proud owner of this beauty. Took it to the range and shot 250 rounds through it without a hiccup. Had to push the mag into the well a little harder then normal for it to seat but other then that accurate, forgiving, smooth and back on target fast.

At home now, just broke it down for the first time to clean, and well Im ordering a Dawson Precision Toolless Guide rod for it. Hate using the paper clips. Everything looked good, have a few beautification parts to add in the near future and a lot of ammo to run through her. Awesome gun out of the box Springfield.

Attached Files:

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

A very, very, very nice gun. The bull barrel puts some weight out front to get the gun back on target faster. Not sure what parts you think THAT gun needs to be beautiful! The only thing I might do would be to get a set of Tombstone grips in Black Opal for it. The tight magazine is intentional, it improves feeding, contrary to what some might say. The TRP Operator is a gun that is super tight AND super reliable. Ah, okay, I know what it needs... It needs to lose the ambi safety, unless you are left handed ;) I'd fit an EGW thumb safety. Other than that, it's perfection.

3. gunjunkee

gunjunkee New Member

Pokute, Black Opal.....hmmm will have to look into that. Ya even though my first time shooting this gun today it was awesome, just felt great in my paws. I may even like it better then my Kimber, yes I said it Kimber.

4. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

And why not? Springfield 1911's are, in my opinion (based on owning far too many 1911's), the best you can buy. And I can prove it to anyone who cares to meet me at the range with their Wilson, Baer, etc. I'll clean house with a bone-stock Springfield Mil-Spec. One guy whupped me good with a Glock compact, but then we swapped guns and he whupped me 'til it hurt good shooting my Springer ;)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  5. dale17

dale17 New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations on your TRP. Yours is a beauty. Enjoy it and thanks for the photo. Happy Holidays.

6. gunjunkee

gunjunkee New Member

Just put my new tool-less Guide Rod in took my about 7 minutes to do the complete swap, real easy. Now my tear-down takes less then a minute without any tools. One of the best little products I have seen in a while. Built by Dawson Precision, and it replace the black anodized bushing with a great looking stainless steel one. Love this gun