Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a national match Springfield M1A this week but it has a heavy barrel marked inside the op rod says genesco Illinois on the top in front of the gas tube it is marked SM308. Rifle was special built for the deceased original owner is in a slightly oversized synthetic stock that is bedded. What do you think it is I have it shoots very well
White Wood Trigger Air gun Table

Wood Table Trigger Machine gun Air gun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wrote Springfield about the rifle and got an email from them the rifle left Springfield in 2007 as they call it a national match special build. Wouldn’t elaborate any farther than that. Would not describe the special build. But I know it has a fiberglass heavy stock. Not as huge as the ones on the super match. No lug on receiver but has National match sights front and rear. Unitized gas system match op rod spring guide and the barrel is a heavy like the super match and it is marked SM308 on top of the barrel so all in all it is essentially a lug less super match is my uneducated guess and didn’t the original super matches came with no lug???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts