Pet Loads - January 2015

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by pokute, Jan 4, 2015.

1. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

• 38 Special - 5.6gr Power Pistol under Zero 158gr lead
    • 357 Magnum - 6.5gr Power Pistol under 173gr Keith
    • 44 Special - 7.5gr Unique under anything (Skeeter's Load)
    • 44 Magnum - 20gr 2400 under 250gr Keith
    • 44 Magnum - 10gr Unique under 250gr Keith
    • 45 ACP - 5.5gr Bullseye under any 200gr lead
    • 45 ACP - 6.5gr Unique under anything
    • 45LC - 12gr HS-6 under anything in a MODERN gun.
    • 45LC Ruger Bisley ONLY - 20gr 2400 under any lead up to 280 grains
    And a couple only for the Freedom Arms M83, or *possibly* the Super Redhawk (both are compressed loads):

• 44 Magnum FA M83 ONLY - 22gr 2400 under 250 Keith
    • 44 Magnum FA M83 ONLY - 20gr 2400 under any 300gr bullet
    The rule with "Pet Loads" is that they should be considered unsafe unless worked up to from 20% below, with careful attention to pressure signs. The person working up to these loads is responsible for any damage or injury. Reloading is not a hobby for gamblers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Out of the loads listed, I'm planning on purchasing a handgun in 45acp, in the future. As soon as I can get all medical bills paid for! I'm 62 now, so with Obama paying out for my disability, I might have enough saved up by the time I'm 70 or so. This year he gave us 1.7% raise, then raised medicare so that after is it all tallied up, I make $4.23 a month more this year. Lol.
    I'm telling everyone now, it is never to early or to late to start saving for old age. Its almost impossible to account for all that can happen in your future. Ten years ago when the Dr told me I would be back to work in six weeks after back surgery, I never thought that my work days were over.
    I'm sorry y'all. I'm had my 15 second petty party for the month now! Just want everyone to be aware of the many devious turns life can have.

3. pokute

Gumpy, I'll tell you what... You buy the cheapest 1911 (govt or commander) you can find, send it to me, and I'll send it back to you a first-class shooter. Free. I get paid from the Federal budget, and I don't mind kicking a little back. I have a couple shoe boxes full of 1911 parts.

This is NOT an open offer for everyone on the forum, though you are all welcome to send guns to me for proper disposal any old time :D

Hey, lets make the whole show more interesting. If somebody on the forum donates a 1911 for gumpy, I will not only make it over, I will document the whole process in a forum thread. The gun must be physically sound, with no warping or cracks. Must include frame, slide that fits the frame or nearly fits the frame (can be a bit loose or a bit tight), and barrel. Please do NOT donate anything obtained from SARCO, everything they sell is warped, out of spec, junk. Old slightly rusty gun with no finish but otherwise usable is fine.

4. Deerspy

Deerspy Member

been working shooting bullseye here lately
    CCI SV for the 22
    2.8gr bullseye with rem 148gr HBWC for 38spl
    was using 4.2gr bullseye with 200gr swaged H&G68 45acp
    but trying to work up 185gr load with Clays for 45acp at this time ( thinking less recoil ).

5. pokute

I've been (not doing enough) practicing bullseye! Usually my first shot is excellent, and then I go right downhill. Bullseye is HARD! And worse for me, I'm cross dominant, so my stance is ridiculous. I compete in silhouette, because I like to shoot pistols long range.

6. gumpy

Pokute,,,,,the last time I was speechless was when my wife agreed to marry me 29 years ago. I really don't know what to say! Thank you. Whatever comes of this I will never forget this offer.

7. pokute

I must have been high on coffee! When did I ask you to marry me? Oh, you mean the gun thing.

The fact is, I am super motivated to do 'smithing right now - So this is just as much for me as for you. I just bought a bunch of tools and I'm itching to get them all in play.

8. gumpy

It's still way above the call of duty, Mon, regardless of why. Thanks again.