Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
May i pose a question. What is the purpose of CCW and stopping a threat to you and your family or others around you???? Is it to own and carry a weapon that will in the event of a threat to you your family to shoot and stop the treat or to annihilate those that dare to confront you??? Yes there are munitions on the market that could if your aim was true to eradicate and destroy all those that dare to confront you and make you draw a weapon and fire. There are also munitions on the market at a lesser price that will negate, stop, and save your family or work colleagues with the same firearm and not put your life or possible court action in play. Understand what a threat is and how to minimize the risk and allow you to go home and be safe and not be accused to face possible court action because of the ammunition you used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
May i pose a question. What is the purpose of CCW and stopping a threat to you and your family or others around you???? Is it to own and carry a weapon that will in the event of a threat to you your family to shoot and stop the treat or to annihilate those that dare to confront you??? Yes there are munitions on the market that could if your aim was true to eradicate and destroy all those that dare to confront you and make you draw a weapon and fire. There are also munitions on the market at a lesser price that will negate, stop, and save your family or work colleagues with the same firearm and not put your life or possible court action in play. Understand what a threat is and how to minimize the risk and allow you to go home and be safe and not be accused to face possible court action because of the ammunition you used.
What??? Why would you choose non hollowpoint ammo? If someone is trying to kill you, last thing you want is FMJ that will go clean through them, and while they keep coming, your round goes outside the house and kills an innocent.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What??? Why would you choose non hollowpoint ammo? If someone is trying to kill you, last thing you want is FMJ that will go clean through them, and while they keep coming, your round goes outside the house and kills an innocent.
FMJ goes through what? From what load from what manufacturer? A projectile penetrates based on what a person is wearing, build, hit point. A 114 grn projectile from most manufacturers travels around <1050F'sec. As i posted some time ago i do not shoot to kill anyone if police ask, i shot to stop a threat. As for exits projectiles, know what is behind what you shoot at at all times, or use a .32.Lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts