Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a Hellcat OSP and am now very happy with it. I too was not happy with the trigger. I installed an Apex Tactical trigger and am much happier now. The trigger pull now is just over 5 pounds. I never had the problem described above, I just didn't like the trigger. I strongly recommend the Apex Tactical drop in trigger. There is a video on their website that steps you through the diss-assembly / re-assembly process as well as a detailed safety verification and a function check. Might be worth a try for $79.99.
Does the new trigger sit back a bit instead of forward like the stock trigger does? Id so I am going to get one. Can you post a pic of the new trigger ready to shoot so I can compare them. The only thing I do not like is the trigger bottom is so far out from the grip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately I find it very painful to shoot my Hellcat. After about 3 shots, it’s so painful to shoot I change fingers to pull the trigger and the same thing happens to my middle finger. I showed the range officer what was happening and he couldn’t believe what it did to my finger. When I wrote Springfield, I received a very condescending response scolding me on how trigger safety’s work. I only have about a dozen pistols with the same type trigger and none of them act like that. If I decide to keep the gun I’m going to have to buy an aftermarket trigger.
I was hoping Springfield would step up with a solution not a lecture.
Has anyone else experienced a problem with the trigger other than the sideways pressure issue, which isn’t a problem with mine.
It feels like someone is flicking my finger every time I fire my Hellcat to the point I don't even want to shoot it. I'm wondering if changing the trigger will help?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Why not look long and hard at what actually is causing you pain when you pull the trigger? If something is hurting you always look for the cause. No point in posting here and pretending you are looking for answers. If it's the trigger, pull it apart. Look for the root cause and fix it. Is there some sharp edges, file them off. Get to know your pistol and its function. The factory is not in America but in Croatia, not made in the USA. Still a great pistol and yours may have slipped past the quality control.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It feels like someone is flicking my finger every time I fire my Hellcat to the point I don't even want to shoot it. I'm wondering if changing the trigger will help?
Wear a shooting glove then! I have had my Hell Cat since they first came out 3 years ago and have not had one problem with it, I've got about 5,000 Thousand Rounds thru it not one problem or malfunction. In my opinion, the Hell Cat is the Best Micro Compact combat pistol on the market today. I owned the Plagued Sig sent it back 4 times the slide would lock forward into battery and I could not rack the slide back, I dumped it purchased the Hell Cat not once did I ever have a problem with it or its trigger.

Reactions: Burnout

·
Registered
14 Posts
1000+ rounds, no trigger finger (or other issues). The trigger has lightened up to a very pleasant consistent 5..5 lbs. That is perfect for a CC pistol. I don't believe in putting aftermarket triggers in my EDC. I don't need any questions about modifications if I ever use it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1000+ rounds, no trigger finger (or other issues). The trigger has lightened up to a very pleasant & consistent 5..5 lbs. That is perfect for a CC pistol. I don't believe in putting aftermarket triggers in my EDC. I don't need any questions about modifications if I ever use it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading this I was a little worried about the pinch. Went to the range yesterday and fired 129 rounds of my reloads and JHPs. No pinch. Recoil, I thought was on par with other guns of this size, P365, Glock 43 and Shield. Of the 4 I would judge the shield as best less recoil. I've owned/own all 4. But I really like the hellcat, it carries better then the shield. After a few more runs at the range this will be my ODC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey RevV. Just purchase the Hellcat Micro. Having the same trouble. Some Glocks have the same trouble. I own a Glock 27 40 cal. Shot a 26 before I bought it that actually made me bleed after 100 rounds. The 40 cal. Never. So I’m sure only some have the problem. I just lightly sanded the sharp edges on the center safety trigger. Fixed the Glock and the Hellcat. New trigger $79, Sand paper 29cents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately I find it very painful to shoot my Hellcat. After about 3 shots, it’s so painful to shoot I change fingers to pull the trigger and the same thing happens to my middle finger. I showed the range officer what was happening and he couldn’t believe what it did to my finger. When I wrote Springfield, I received a very condescending response scolding me on how trigger safety’s work. I only have about a dozen pistols with the same type trigger and none of them act like that. If I decide to keep the gun I’m going to have to buy an aftermarket trigger.
I was hoping Springfield would step up with a solution not a lecture.
Has anyone else experienced a problem with the trigger other than the sideways pressure issue, which isn’t a problem with mine.
I'm not surprised that Springfield isn't really proud of their guns when they offer a paltry 1 year warranty!! The gun shop was trying to recommend a extended warranty saying that their quality has dropped even more since covid! Of coarse they didn't tell me any of this until I purchased the handgun. Shooting this gun also hurts my finger while firing. I believe that it is caused by the split in the trigger. I guess I will have to purchase one of the after market triggers that are solid all the way across the bottom. I also have a couple of Glocks and Smiths and have never had a problem while shooting thousands of rounds!!! I really doubt that this company is proud enough of their product to replace the trigger!:mad:It will be the last Springfield for me.

·
647 Posts
The finger bite issue I cannot speak to; I have not had that problem with either of my Hellcats. I am sorry that some of you are having that issue.

Regarding Springfield customer service, they are exceptional! The one year warranty means nothing--absolutely nothing. I have sent 2 Springfields in for repair (that might sound like a lot of service issues, but I have a few Springfields). Only one of them was less than a year old. One was over 5 years old. I believe Springfield stands behind their products FOREVER, regardless of their warranty statement.

I KNOW that is the case for Ruger and Glock. Ruger's customer service is legendary. While some people have had bad experiences with Glock customer service, I personally drove a well-worn 20-year-old Glock 22 to the Smyrna factory, and they rebuilt it for FREE. The only original parts now are the frame, slide, and barrel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree! This trigger has the most uncomfortable shape! Every single time i shoot it i get a blister on the bottom of my trigger finger. I like the firearm but hate the shape of this trigger. I have a great grip, I'm using the center of my finger but my finger hangs off the bottom ever so slightly soit causes this. Only firearm i have or experienced that does this to me. Looking at replacements but they all appear to be similar. Let me know what your conclusion was/is.

View attachment 2262
I have the same pinching issue with the Hellcat trigger and it was painful. My finger looked a little worse than yours. I also own the XD40 and XDS 45 and never had this issue. It was so painful that I have not taken it to the range again and had been looking at some aftermarket triggers but not sure what to get. I also owned a Glock 19 in the past and never any issues.

I was just watching some YouTube videos in different micro 9 pistols and I think I am going to just sell the Hellcat. No point in spending more money on it. I already have a Kahr CM9 and love the trigger. I’d rather just carry extra mags than deal with this damn trigger. Lesson learned for me. Go to an indoor range and test fire loander guns to see what is most comfortable. The Hellcat is very comfortable in the hand but had I test fired it before buying, I would never have made the purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same pinching issue with the Hellcat trigger and it was painful. My finger looked a little worse than yours. I also own the XD40 and XDS 45 and never had this issue. It was so painful that I have not taken it to the range again and had been looking at some aftermarket triggers but not sure what to get. I also owned a Glock 19 in the past and never any issues.

I was just watching some YouTube videos in different micro 9 pistols and I think I am going to just sell the Hellcat. No point in spending more money on it. I already have a Kahr CM9 and love the trigger. I’d rather just carry extra mags than deal with this damn trigger. Lesson learned for me. Go to an indoor range and test fire loander guns to see what is most comfortable. The Hellcat is very comfortable in the hand but had I test fired it before buying, I would never have made the purchase.
BTW I have nothing against Springfield. I also own 3 of their 1911’s. The Hellcat trigger and my finger just weren’t meant for each other. 🤠

·
Registered
2022 Hellcat HC 3919 BOSP MS
3 Posts
I have trigger finger pain as well. However, it is due to arthritis in my wrists and some fingers. I am thinking about the Apex but I don't know how much it would lower my Gen 2 trigger. Does anyone know what the trigger pull force is for the Hellcat and the Apex?
Thanks,
Tom

21 - 33 of 33 Posts