Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Hellcat 9mm
5 Posts
I have a Hellcat OSP and am now very happy with it. I too was not happy with the trigger. I installed an Apex Tactical trigger and am much happier now. The trigger pull now is just over 5 pounds. I never had the problem described above, I just didn't like the trigger. I strongly recommend the Apex Tactical drop in trigger. There is a video on their website that steps you through the diss-assembly / re-assembly process as well as a detailed safety verification and a function check. Might be worth a try for $79.99.
Does the new trigger sit back a bit instead of forward like the stock trigger does? Id so I am going to get one. Can you post a pic of the new trigger ready to shoot so I can compare them. The only thing I do not like is the trigger bottom is so far out from the grip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately I find it very painful to shoot my Hellcat. After about 3 shots, it’s so painful to shoot I change fingers to pull the trigger and the same thing happens to my middle finger. I showed the range officer what was happening and he couldn’t believe what it did to my finger. When I wrote Springfield, I received a very condescending response scolding me on how trigger safety’s work. I only have about a dozen pistols with the same type trigger and none of them act like that. If I decide to keep the gun I’m going to have to buy an aftermarket trigger.
I was hoping Springfield would step up with a solution not a lecture.
Has anyone else experienced a problem with the trigger other than the sideways pressure issue, which isn’t a problem with mine.
It feels like someone is flicking my finger every time I fire my Hellcat to the point I don't even want to shoot it. I'm wondering if changing the trigger will help?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts