Opinions on the new LB Operator

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by bweisert, Sep 27, 2015.

1. bweisert

bweisert New Member

Im looking into ordering the LB Operator and i wanted to know the pros and cons?

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Well, let's start off with the truth, which is the hardest thing to come by, and you won't necessarily like it, but here it is.

The LB Operator is a fixed sight SA 1911. Other than appearance and a slightly increased weight out front due to the tac rail, it is identical to the MilSpec, which is to say that it should be an accurate and reliable handgun.

3. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

According to Springfield customer service the Long Beach has a stiffer recoil spring than the TRP. I forget what was told me...either 18 or 19 lb spring in the recoil assembly. ..other than that I'm hit aware of anything different although it's a sweet pistol...if you can find one grab it...been looking and haven't heard anything from any shops down here in the south of Louisiana

4. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

After getting off the phone with customer care its 18 and a half pound recoil spring. All other 45s get a 16 pound spring. The only exception is their custom guns all receive at 18 as well. And after researching a little and speaking to the representative the Long Beach is made here in the USA. At least fitted and finished.

5. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Get it...amazing fit and finish...quite impressed after spending a day looking it over and inspecting it...absolutely beautiful gun beyond the price