Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a MC Operator last week and will be picking it up sometime this coming up week. It's my first 1911 and also my first Springfield. Do any of you have or have shot the MC Operator? If so I would like to hear what you think about it. Thanks!

·
Angry Old White Guy
83 Posts
I do not have that model and couldn't find it on the SA site. However, I am new too Springfield and bought two new 1911s myself. I bought the Range Officer Compact and the EMP, both in 9mm. I like both pistols very much. Good luck with yours.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
As somebody here recently pointed out, the tacticool rail puts a little extra weight out front, which should translate to faster recovery. You can also add a rail weight, which would make it rock-steady.

Other than that, it's an SA 1911, and like all SA 1911's, barring the occasional lemon (I mention this because forum members have reported problems - Don't be shy about returning it to SA if you have problems) it should be a spectacular shooter right out of the box.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Welcome aboard,you should swing over to the Introductions Forum for a formal introduction and welcoming. Tie is optional. :D

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
I would say the sights are properly regulated and that your groups are excellent. Looks like 0.5 inches horizontal. With very little practice you should be shooting into 1 inch at 25 yards.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am hoping for nice weather this weekend so I can get a few hundred rounds down range. After only close to 50 rounds shot today I can say my 1911 is now my favorite pistol I have.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
1911's are about as good as it gets. At this point, my collection is about 50% 1911's. The 1911 is extremely accurate to 100 yards, and in a pinch will reach to 400 yards - But it takes a damn loud gong to know you connected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts