Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..
For my first 1911 I wanted to get a mil-spec, but these aging eyes needed better sights, so I bought a Range Officer Operator and I am completely pleased with mine.
It has been flawless with no malfunctions of any kind.
Good Luck with your new toy!!
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
61 Posts
My '21 Operator received a Stan Chen Shooter Installed (S.I.) one-piece magwell, a set of VZ Grips Operator II G-10 grips, a Pearce Rubber front strap, and a SureFire x300u-b light back in January when I picked it up new. I swapped out the original short G.I. guide rod for a one-piece full length guide rod for a "placebo effect" of a bit more mass on the front end.

Not a single issue or problem with it after 2,000+ rds thus far, and it is a rock solid shooter. Definitely a keeper, and one that the OP/DS will certainly enjoy. Shoot in good health, and welcome aboard to the forum from GA.
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
61 Posts
Sharp looking shooter, and good groupings for first shots.

Welcome aboard, and Semper Fidelis!

·
436 Posts
I was trying to put the front dot on the bullseye
That worked for you. All of my Springfields hit the point of aim when I use the top of the front sight. I believe that's how the owners manual advises also. I've talked with others whose weapons perform better when sighted as you did. I guess each one is a little different. Anyway, it's good to be able to go into your back yard and shoot. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That worked for you. All of my Springfields hit the point of aim when I use the top of the front sight. I believe that's how the owners manual advises also. I've talked with others whose weapons perform better when sighted as you did. I guess each one is a little different. Anyway, it's good to be able to go into your back yard and shoot. Thank you for your service.
Thx. But my son is the Marine . I was just a pog lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts