Nothing but word games for almost a week?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pokute, Dec 3, 2014.

1. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

I hope it means everybody is having such a bang-up time shooting that they are too busy to fire up their computers!

2. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nope! I wish!!!! Surgeon put my knee back together this morning. I think I will pillar and camo my old Mauser while I'm off. I've got most of the prep done, just need to finish it! What kinda projects do y'all have going on? How bout you, Pokey? Lol.

3. pokute

Ouch, sorry to hear about the knee. I have a real terror of doctors.

Anyway, I've got two projects on hold while they do some time... A Ruger Bisley 45LC that I'll be doing a action hone and tune on, and that AMT 45acp Backup that is going to get a full internal squaring and honing. And a third project on hold waiting for a surface plate - Getting that FA 3 inch 44M regulated for 10gr Unique under a Keith 250gr bullet at 50 meters. Oops, and a fourth project... The Hoag gun needs to have the link opened up a bit where it's grabbing the release pin.

And since my club will be hosting the IHMSA World Championship in 2015: http://www.ihmsa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2033

I need to really get down to serious practice. Can't let the whole world find out I am the club joke.

Out to the garage now to bell 600 45acp cases before going to work.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

I'm on here ABOUT everyday,just been too busy the last couple with my abscessed teeth,selling the house and paying my bills to get time to.

5. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

SH, I'd rather poke a stick in my eye than have a toothache like you have! Hope it's gone by now.

6. pokute

I don't recommend that. It really plays hell with your aim.

7. havasu

havasu Administrator Supporter

...unless you are a one eyed shooter!

8. squirrelhunter

Not quite and actually it's 2 of them side by side. I had 1 on the other side a month ago that I haven't had pulled yet and it bothered me for awhile yesterday along with the other 2. I just got approved for a CareCredit credit card so I can have all 3 of them taken out.

9. squirrelhunter

It depends on which eye ;).

10. pokute

I have two of them, side by side... etc. ;):cool:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  11. squirrelhunter

I just mean if you shoot right handed it would be more difficult with only having your left eye. Like people with the wrong eye dominant,a little awkward.

12. pokute

I was trying to make a joke and it apparently didn't work... I was trying to humorously suggest that I was having my eyes pulled out, by repeating part of your post, but I guess I missed the target. Geez... As soon as you try to explain a joke it seems totally lame. Don't read this post!

13. squirrelhunter

14. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

What post?

15. pokute