No need to clean...

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by Tex8390, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Tex8390

Tex8390 New Member

So... With all the polymer pistols today, one of the biggest topics I see is about cleaning. Or lack of the need too. I will say I'm old school and after I shoot, I clean! A clean gun is a happy gun and a happy gun is a deadly accurate and functioning when it needs to be happy gun. Xena is my first polymer pistol. I admit, I was skeptical at first but quickly became pleasantly surprised at how well this piece shoots. I've put a few thousand rounds through her and she is still deadly accurate. I usually shoot several hundred rounds if not a thousand at a time. She gets dirty!!! But... She gets cleaned. I haven't shot her in a while and today, I noticed lint and such building up from daily carry. Rather than strip her down, I decided to use compressed air to blow her out. So... I unholstered the beast, pressed the mag release and... I'm still pushing... Still pushing.... Damn! WTH??? Pushed it with a jack hammer, (not really), and... Finally!!! The magazine dropped. Made me think... It ain't just the slide, barrel, springs, etc that need attention. It was even hard to push without the magazine in. So... Blew everything out. Lubed her up, and got after the release button. I got her freed up and lubed it good. Works like it should now. Take care of those babies. Every part of them! I'm glad I didn't find out about this during an emergency. That would've sucked! Keep them clean!!! ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1434318703.718217.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

I dunno... I'd be careful about doing chemical experiments on anything from Croatia.

3. Tex8390

Tex8390 New Member

Lmao! Well... Somebody has to be the scape goat!

4. Geezer

Geezer New Member

It's OK. I think Croatia has a cartel of chemical experts.

5. Tex8390

Tex8390 New Member

Got their contact info? I may need that!