New to the forum.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CchampagneMod2, Jan 1, 2015.

1. CchampagneMod2

CchampagneMod2 New Member

Hello all, My name is Cody. I just recently joined the forum. This is the first one I've been on so I'm not exactly sure on how things work. I bought my first Springfield a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. I went with the XD-9 Mod.2. So far I haven't been able to find anything to complain about other then there isn't too many accessories available for it yet. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting some good info and tips on this awesome product. ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1420153969.776409.jpg

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Supporting Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum! :) Were happy to have you!

3. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Cody. That looks like a subcompact. They're mainly intended for concealment. Adding things like lasers would only make that harder to do. However, you could replace the sights with TFO. Also make sure you get a good holster and belt for it.

4. CchampagneMod2

Thank ya sir, excited to be here.

5. CchampagneMod2

You are right, concealment issues were my first priority after making the mistake of buying my first "baby." It had a lot more to do with lust rather then practical thinking in regards to ccw. Lol. My plan when I bought the Mod.2 was to just put some CT LaaerGrips on it and maybe some Trijicon night sights like the pair that came on my 1911, just incase the laser decides not to work one night. Also I am debating on getting an Insight X2 led light that will probably sit on the nightstand until it's bedtime. I have already ordered a SmartCarry holster and it should be arriving any day now. I'm excited to see if it really works and is as comfortable as everyone says. I will post pictures of it when it comes in. ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1420209511.205637.jpg

6. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Woah, woah, woah, woah... Just a second there... We need a better pic of that very innarestin looking 1911!!

7. CchampagneMod2

I will certainly do that this afternoon. It's a S&W commander round heel with a scandium alloy frame and the Monday I will be getting the grips in this picture back. I had them cerakoted matte black.

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard,you've picked some mighty fine weapons there. :D

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

10. CchampagneMod2

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1420255407.674997.jpg ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1420255540.776246.jpg These aren't much better but I thought I would post them anyways. This iPhone isn't very good at taking pictures sometimes.

11. CchampagneMod2

Thanks glock26usmc, and thank you for your service.