New To Springfield

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jiminaz, Feb 21, 2015.

1. jiminaz

jiminaz New Member

Hello from sunny Arizona. It's great shooting weather here right now. I joined the forum to learn more about Springfield. Particularly the 1911 series in 9mm. I'm a big fan of 9mm and own & shoot several different pistols. I'm into American made firearms and Springfield certainly fits that category. Anyway I'm happy to be here and I hope to learn a lot more about the 1911 series pistols. Thanks, Jiminaz

2. dale17

dale17 New Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Springfield makes some terrific firearms. This is a great place for 1911 information.

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Moderator

Welcome to the group!

4. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome to the forum, again! I shoot 1911's a lot, but I've never shot a 9mm 1911. Of course, there are only five parts that need to be modified to change the caliber of a 1911, so it's a natural choice of platform for anything from 22LR to 50AE.

(That would be: barrel, recoil spring, extractor, ejector, and magazine)

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome to our great family. There are a few cracked nuts though ;).

6. jflytle

jflytle New Member

Welcome from Northern Illinois, where it is NOT great outdoor shooting weather, right now.

7. Vin63

Vin63 CH3NO2

Welcome! While I'm more of a BHP for 9x19 mm, the couple of ROs in 9mm that I shot were pretty nice. Post some photos when you acquire one!