Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All;

I am new to this site and looked it up for a specific reason. Not going to beat around the bush on that one.

I am looking for a new firearm. I have narrowed my choices down to the CZ P-07 9mm or the new Springfield MOD 2 4" service model 9mm.

I have held, fired and researched both. Right down to warranty and customer service. I can get either for w/in abt $20.00 of each other. I know the Springfield is a slight bit larger and a little heavier. So, now, I am at a fork in the road.

I know I am comparing apples to oranges when it comes to DA/SA and SA. Just looking for some input from folks who have had experience with both firearms.

Maybe I missed something.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm on the way to the range with my brand new mod 2 right now. I wound up getting mine for 500 out the door. Also Springfield is giving a gear up deal where you get two free mags, a mag pouch and range bag for free. I honestly didn't know about it until after I bought mine but may have made more incentive to pick it up. I think it ends on 10/31.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
9mm is quite good if you are an animal control officer and don't work tough neighborhoods.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got to shoot my xd mod 2 in 45 acp and it didn't feel like a 45 at all to me. It felt very comparable to the beretta M9 that we use in the navy as far as recoil goes. Kept shooting low and left until I figured out I needed to adjust my hands a little bit for the smaller frame of the gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.