Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
635 Posts
Welcome, IraIII.
Glad you are here.
I live only a few miles from NY but I chose to never go there because of the anti-2A laws.
I wish it were different. NY is a beautiful state with lots to offer.

·
Registered
Custom shop 9mm
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve lived here all my life, and NY is a beautiful state with much to offer. Sadly we have voted in the worst vermin politicians, and they have ruined my enjoyment here with their draconian laws. Retirement has shown me that I can go elsewhere if I choose, so I may rethink where I call home.
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome from MA (Middle Alabama) -- enjoy your tour.

I spent 6 years @ Plattsburgh AFB (Montreal South) -- Lake Champlain was very nice, but to describe upstate NY is "8 months of Winter and 4 months of lousy ice fishing".

·
Registered
Custom shop 9mm
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would not consider leaving Western New York except for the poltics here. Our winter last year started middle December and snow is usually done by St.Patty’s day, although we had a late snowstorm this year. I wish snow was a week before Christmas ending a week after New Years day, but we all wish for something correct?
I retired 11/17/21 but its mot gonna hold so I’ll soon find another job. I have had many handguns, but am more of an accumulator than a shooter, even though I can shoot in my backyard for pistols, and rifles further out in
the fields.
My tastes started in revolvers, then Sigs for carry untill Sig abandoned the p239 platform, then moved to H&K’s for carry, lastly I am here because I just got my first Springfield a low round trade in at my LGS.
Finally got the 1911 on my permit, and picked up,no range report yet, but poor first pics are here, along with a pic of my backyard off the back deck. The ducks love the small pond.

Auto part Machine Rectangle Metal Font
Gas Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Machine
Plant Natural landscape Vegetation Grass Terrestrial plant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts