New To-Be Owner from Md

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RoadKing, Jul 9, 2020.

1. RoadKing

RoadKing New Member

New member, to-be owner from Md. I say “to be” because I’m in my 7 day mandates waiting period that the state requires. Should have my new Hellcat by the end of next week.

Wondering why there’s no Hellcat forum on this site?

2. Tinyman

Tinyman Member

You ain't the first to ask about the over-rated Hellcat -- anyway, welcome fom Alabama where we don't wait for the government to go shoot.:)

3. RoadKing

RoadKing New Member

Over-rated isn’t a stand alone statement. It’s a comparison. So in your mind, the Hellcat is over rated compared to what?

And congrats. Your idiot politicians have done less damage to the Constitution than my idiot politicians.

4. Tinyman

Tinyman Member

Sig P365 for one. IMO the Cat kicks more than my Sig, my Sig cost less (outythe door), and again IMO the amount of advertising in any & all magazines turns me off.

Thanks re: idiot politicians -- MY idiots like 2A.

5. RoadKing

RoadKing New Member

That’s what I meant about your idiots. Lol

Advertising has nothing to do with how well a firearm performs. And it’s biased. So it has zero to do with any “rating” on the firearm. So it wouldn’t impact whether a gun is fairly or over rated.

As for shooting, that’s subjective, right? I shot them, side by side. Shot them both horribly. About equally horribly. Ha ha. But that’s correctable with practice. Plus, I didn’t like the Hogue grip on my buddy’s HC. It was distracting. Holding a naked 365 and a naked HC, the HC felt better in my hand. The 365 felt loose and had a tendency to move around on me. To others, it might feel great. Like I said, it’s subjective. I do like the trigger safety of the HC, though.

I’m not sure anyone has unfairly labeled it too high.

6. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

If you don't like the Sig 365 in 9mm, try a real sig 357. The 226 is a dream and will do what most other pistols cannot.

7. immo

immo New Member

I don't know where I've been, but I gotta go look at a Hellcat.

8. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

Hellcat is similar to Glock, S&W M&P, XD, and many other brands, including new Beretta, striker fired, light, most come in various barrel lengths, very short for CCW or general use. All much of a muchness. Difference if there is any is in mag size. Most or all weigh around 2lbs. Some have terrible trigger resets and trigger pull. If possible try and yes as many as possible and see what you prefer. I will stick to my CZ. Also +P+P if the pistol will handle it is a great way to go, or just +P. It's the ammunition and point of impact that stops what needs to be stopped.

9. Tinyman

Tinyman Member

Look at the P365 and if you don't mind 380, check the Glock 42.