Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to say Hi to all you members here at the Springfield forum.

I recently ordered a Springfield Armory 1911 Champion Operator Lightweight and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. This is my first Springfield and it has been quite some time since I have spent any time with a firearm. Yes, I strayed but that is a story for another time. Suffice to say I have realized the error of my ways and am working hard to correct that.

Even though I have spent a LOT of time with a firearm in my hand, It has been a long enough period where I haven' t that I am approaching this new acquisition and my reintroduction to firearms as a brand new experience. I will seek instruction on the use, care and cleaning of my firearm. I will not rely on past experience to guide as I am sure my skills have faded considerably
[FONT=&quot].

I look forward to participating and learning here at Springfield Forum.

I'll try not to bug you all with incessant questions. :D

[/FONT]

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you found your way back home to the firearm world,something about firearms always bring strays home eventually. :D

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, squirrelhunter. Love that avatar!

I went to my local dealer, filed the transfer paperwork and signed up as a member of the establishment. I now have range access, reduced pricing for ammo and range use.

So I decided to practice with a range supplied SR9. It had no dot on the front sight so acquiring the target with a black front site, a black target center and a black background resulted in a pathetic result. But...the more I shot the better I got so there's hope. :D

It's a good thing my soon-to-arrive SA has front dot!

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Yamaki! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay. Always remember and never forget, the only foolish question is the one unasked!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts