Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took posession at lunch this afternoon and went straight to the range to put out 100 rounds without issue. Accuracy? I kinda felt I shot my CZ 75B better first time out but we will see. Trigger is crisp with only a small amount of takeup. Trigger breaks just under 5lbs with a Wheeler Digital Gauge.

615 Posts
Congrats on the new weapon. Sounds like a good start to the relationship. I wouldn't judge it too harshly when comparing it to the CZ 75 first time out. They are a delight and easy to shoot well.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a second range day alongside my CZ 75 B Omega and yea I shoot the CZ somewhat better but I believe more sight related CZ zero's their sites at 25M at the factory and my Sprinfield is definitely shooting low. No extraction issues.

615 Posts
Point of Impact
Shooters may use a “point of aim” sight picture at 25
yards (See Figure 50-1). This means that, at 25 yards, the
bullet should impact the target at the point visible at
the top of the front sight. Springfield, Inc. firearms are
regulated to shoot point of aim, point of impact. Changing
brand or type of ammunition may alter point of impact as
well as shooter's technique.

I took the above off of page 34 in the owners manual. It also illustrates the sight picture. I was wondering if this was the point of aim you were utilizing. It seems at 3" high at 10 yards you may have been using the middle of the front sight dot as your point of impact instead of the top of the front sight. Doesn't make sense though that you'd be that low at 7. Maybe I'm wrong, but thought I'd ask.

615 Posts
From the manual pic the dot is on the center of the bullseye not below as in that picture.
It's interesting that the sight picture would be shown two different ways. From the manual for the SA-35 that I got off Springfield's website it shows the top of the front sight post to be on the target at the intended point of bullet impact. My understanding from your comment is that the factory manual you received with your SA-35 shows the middle of the front sight dot to be on the target at the intended point of bullet impact.
I'm wondering what the manuals for the other SA-35 owners on this forum say. All the manuals for my Springfield handguns illustrate it with the top of the sight post.

615 Posts
I obviously didn't understand what you meant, but now I do. On your next range trip I'd be interested in hearing how it shoots if you put the very top of the front sight where you'd like the bullet to strike the target, regardless of the distance.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@WVSurveyor So the first pic you will recognize from the manual. The second is a very poor drawing representing how I compensated my aim at 15 yrds for the 3rd picture which was 2-10 rnd clips at 15 yrds. which show the results of the 2nd pictures aim.

Attachments

615 Posts
The second is a very poor drawing representing how I compensated my aim at 15 yrds for the 3rd picture which was 2-10 rnd clips at 15 yrds. which show the results of the 2nd pictures aim.
Your sight picture is quite a bit different from what Springfield says it should be. That said though, it seems to work for you since 3/4 of the shots were basically a good centered group on target. You had a couple that were a little high but pretty well centered and those three that were low right. Good shooting at 15 yards. Do you shoot left handed? Just wondering. Thanks for the pics.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well picture from the manual says 25 yards and despite that a 9mm shoots relatively flat I assume that realistically there is some variance at 7yards (21 feet), 15 yards and 25 yards. Were also not taking into account fallable me. I am returning to pistol shooting the past year after a more than 2 decade hiatus. I'm also cross eyed dominant which is something I knew nothing about last time I shot. Dealing with that requires a traditional isocles to compensate. There are prolly other things that need to work at.

· Registered
551 Posts
I would think that in 9mm of factory ammunition of any brand would be so slight that it would make no difference to any point of impact using the same sighting.
9mm comes with + on the rear of the case and this denotes more powder. Factory ammunition usually on a box indicate the muzzle velocity the shooter can expect.
i have used 9mm ammunition with muzzle velocity from 900f/s +/-to 1100f/s+/-. and found no point of impact using the same sight picture, or so little that it falls withing a fraction of others.
Tight barrel bores on newer pistols shot a tighter group than a very old barrel, much used. Pistol usually shoot flat and the projectile strike at 25 yards is much the same as 50 yards and very few people at 50 yards can shoot any type of group, they struggle at 25 yards and even closer. Hence your group i would consider well done.

· Registered
551 Posts
Building Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta

To me and this is what i teach is a correct sight picture. if a person in the clubs i shoot has a different sight picture i suggest to them to either use an adjustable, rear sight
a must on pistols, or file down their front sight or get a new one. If an owner has 4 or 5 pistols and they all requires different sighting one will forget what sight picture is correct.
Hence $40-50 dollars for an adjustable sight is a must. Our club has some 700 members and club pistol are sighted in using the above method.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So was out today again shooting and that the trigger has loosened up and I was unsure whether I liked this gun as much as my CZ 75B I'm sure I like it now in fact in it's favor the trigger has much less take up where the CZ has more than I wished. I do wish it had an ambidextrous safety and maybe the custom shops might do something for it in the future.

· Registered
551 Posts
As a last comment on the New SA35, i will point out on this website there is a Section the powers to be allowed titled " Springfield armory 75" All CZ's and comments.
Just went and had a look and the CZ75 and 75B are possibly one of the most popular sporting and service pistols, CZ75 made 20+++ years ago and the 75B, update.
I could find no comments or posting at all of any aspects of either CZ pistols regarding FTF,FTF,FTE etc. Sending anything back. Much the same price as the SA35
so i would reevaluate my purchase accordingly. As i wrote in another comment the SA35 is for all intentional purposes a Browning High Power. My comments on that pistol are well know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts