Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new Mil-Spec late yesterday. I have a few wooden grip choices. As I make up my mind which ones to use, I wondered what people thought between light grips vs. dark grips. Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took it apart and wiped it down with some oil. I also found some old grips that came with a 1999 Loaded model that I once enjoyed. This is how it'll look for a while.
And, yes, that is my finger in the frame.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
I'm partial to the big diamonds. By the way, there's no requirement that serial numbers on guns be unique, so covering up the serial number like that just messes up the picture to no purpose. Anyway, I know that gun was stole from me because it's got one too many serrations on the slide.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not your gun. I scratched out the big "Property of Pokute" marking under the dust cover, so it is mine now. Hah!
Thanks for the grip input.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have another question: the foam cut-out in my blue plastic Springfield case is cut to store the gun with hammer cocked. That seems odd to me unless I store gun loaded, cocked & locked. I feel gun should be stored with hammer down - at rest.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
It is not your gun. I scratched out the big "Property of Pokute" marking under the dust cover, so it is mine now. Hah!
Thanks for the grip input.
Darn. I lose more guns that way.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
I have another question: the foam cut-out in my blue plastic Springfield case is cut to store the gun with hammer cocked. That seems odd to me unless I store gun loaded, cocked & locked. I feel gun should be stored with hammer down - at rest.
All I can say to that is: Sure, carve the gun to match the foam :eek:

Seriously, yes, store it so it's resting. Otherwise it might be grumpy when you want to shoot it.

Okay, okay, seriously for real now (drumrolllllll) - Whoever cut the foam like that works for Magnum Research now, cutting accessory rails on Desert Eagles using their ערלה as a template.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
They look like KA died halfway through the checkering.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Just stick your thumb in the magwell and PUSH. They won't break!

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
The big hammer is reserved for guns chambered in 9mm.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts