Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member from NJ where magazines need to be pinned for 10 rd capacity (maybe this is relevant to the problems)

Shot my new Hellcat pro today for the first time at a range, using the standard magazines that came with the weapon, firing cheap ball ammo, added some gun cleaning oil before shooting. kept having the issue shown in the photo when gun fired and the reloaded, slide would not go forward all the way, back of the slide would not be flush with lower receiver. sometimes I was able to push the slide forward with my thumbs and then pull the trigger, other times it was stuck and the range safety took it off the range and returned with the slide locked back. the very last time this happened, the trigger was pulled all the way back and there was nothing I could do to remedy it (range safety did not seem happy with me). On the way out, i asked the shop owner who first tried to say I brought a dirty weapon to the range, but after explaining this was the first time I fired this new weapon, his face relaxed and he said that will sometimes happen with new weapons.

1.Is that the case, do i need to just "break in" the weapon and fire a lot of rounds? dont think i shot more than 20 rds today

2. Range safety said the new magazines, could be the problem, recommended i load the magazines with ten rounds and let them sit for 3, 4 days. is this good advice?

3. If i have the same problem I had today where the the trigger is pulled back and stuck + the slide is incorrectly positioned with a live round inside, is there a good solution?

Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum E3000. The slide is not going back into battery. What "cheap" ammo were you using. I would field strip it, clean and lube it and try it with a different ammo.
US Cartridge Cleanbarrel Remanufactured 9MM 115 Gr Bronze TPJ (Bulk)

This was the first time I used this ammo, haven't tried it in my other handgun. Understood, I'll try different ammo. Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts