Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a Hellcat Micro w/safety yesterday. Live in small town Wi., stay away from the bigger cities, previously carried a Xds 45 or a Bond Arms w/410 round. Did not previously carry everyday but w/the way the world has become.. Carry both Wi and Mn permit, Wi was a piece of cake to renew, Mn not so much, have to retake the test and fire weapon and dish out $150.00 in total... Wanted a smaller caliper to carry and to retake the test with. Looking forward to learning more about the Hellcat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Purchased a Hellcat Micro w/safety yesterday. Live in small town Wi., stay away from the bigger cities, previously carried a Xds 45 or a Bond Arms w/410 round. Did not previously carry everyday but w/the way the world has become.. Carry both Wi and Mn permit, Wi was a piece of cake to renew, Mn not so much, have to retake the test and fire weapon and dish out $150.00 in total... Wanted a smaller caliper to carry and to retake the test with. Looking forward to learning more about the Hellcat.
Guess that MN doesn't know what "shall not beinfringed" means. Making one PAY for a right isn't right.

Welcome from MA (Middle Alabama) -- enjoy your tour

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased a Hellcat Micro w/safety yesterday.
Welcome to the group
I carried Walther P99c every day for 15 years and switched to Hellcat as a Christmas gift because 1) the Walther grip was too large for my hands (even with the small backstrap) 2) that U sight on Hellcat looked very functional 3) increased capacity with the 15 + magazines (which we also bought)
Got Hellcats for myself, my two grown boys and my wife, and here are the + and - that we found
1) The Hellcat was very hard to rack, and the magazines very difficult to load beyond about 75% full ( am 74 years young) for myself, and impossible for my wife. No problem for our younger boys.
2) The slide rack loosens with use and I can now handle mine w/o issue, but my wife could never handle hers and quit using her Hellcat. So my suggestion is keep trying if you have this problem in the beginning as it may loosen for you also
3) I can not load more than 12 rounds in the 15 round mag w/o a loader. Even getting that 12th round is touch and go. It took a bit of practice but the loader that SA sends with the Hellcat is useable (you will read a lot of complaints about that loader)
4) That rear U sight is everything I expected (good) and I have much better accuracy and recoil control with the Hellcat compared to the P99c (which I think is due to Hellcat fitting into my hand much better)
5) We have been basically a Walther family and their customer service / warranty work has always been everything we could ask for. Absolutely no complaints there. But I must also say that the Hellcat fit / feel / finish is the equal of the Walther and now 5 months down the road it is working out very good (except my wife whose grip strength is insufficient, and I expect this may be the case for others)
On a cold winter afternoon when we could not get outside, we did some color fill on our pistols. Some will prefer the 'as delivered' look but we felt this 'dressed the pistol up nicely'. Some photos are attached
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Hellcat

Attachments

·
635 Posts
Welcome, Choptop! I love Hellcats and carry one most days. I switched to a Hellcat from a Glock 26, which I still carry every once in a while. The Hellcat disappears in my pocket; the 26 does not. Before the 26 my favorite carry piece was a XD Sub Compact 45.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Sleeve Collar Headgear Red Hat

·
635 Posts
Welcome to the group
I carried Walther P99c every day for 15 years and switched to Hellcat as a Christmas gift because 1) the Walther grip was too large for my hands (even with the small backstrap) 2) that U sight on Hellcat looked very functional 3) increased capacity with the 15 + magazines (which we also bought)
Got Hellcats for myself, my two grown boys and my wife, and here are the + and - that we found
1) The Hellcat was very hard to rack, and the magazines very difficult to load beyond about 75% full ( am 74 years young) for myself, and impossible for my wife. No problem for our younger boys.
2) The slide rack loosens with use and I can now handle mine w/o issue, but my wife could never handle hers and quit using her Hellcat. So my suggestion is keep trying if you have this problem in the beginning as it may loosen for you also
3) I can not load more than 12 rounds in the 15 round mag w/o a loader. Even getting that 12th round is touch and go. It took a bit of practice but the loader that SA sends with the Hellcat is useable (you will read a lot of complaints about that loader)
4) That rear U sight is everything I expected (good) and I have much better accuracy and recoil control with the Hellcat compared to the P99c (which I think is due to Hellcat fitting into my hand much better)
5) We have been basically a Walther family and their customer service / warranty work has always been everything we could ask for. Absolutely no complaints there. But I must also say that the Hellcat fit / feel / finish is the equal of the Walther and now 5 months down the road it is working out very good (except my wife whose grip strength is insufficient, and I expect this may be the case for others)
On a cold winter afternoon when we could not get outside, we did some color fill on our pistols. Some will prefer the 'as delivered' look but we felt this 'dressed the pistol up nicely'. Some photos are attached
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Hellcat
Hellcat mags are tight. I think most NEW mags are hard to get the final round in without a loader. I've found it helpful to load them up and leave them loaded for a week. It also helps to cycle snap caps through them.

I said this when you first posted that picture: Your custom work is very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts