Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have big hands? I recently put a Hogue grip on mine, seems to help.
not really, but for sure too big for the Hellcat. I thought about the Hogue but im worried about it not lasting a good amount of time as the Talon. How do you like yours? And have you had any experience with Hogue before and how long before it gets loose on the grip?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't put any rounds through my Hellcat with the Hogue on it yet. I have no concerns about it loosening up, it's difficult to get on and you have to put it in hot water so that it will stretch to fit. I have the same Hogue on other pistols for over twenty years and they have never loosened. I've had one on my Buckmark for longer than that, with 10s of thousands of rounds through it with no issue. I am a fan of Talon, but that won't help if you need more girth for it to feel right.

·
Registered
Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't put any rounds through my Hellcat with the Hogue on it yet. I have no concerns about it loosening up, it's difficult to get on and you have to put it in hot water so that it will stretch to fit. I have the same Hogue on other pistols for over twenty years and they have never loosened. I've had one on my Buckmark for longer than that, with 10s of thousands of rounds through it with no issue. I am a fan of Talon, but that won't help if you need more girth for it to feel right.
youre right it wont help. 20 years is a long time. Maybe its worth the try

·
Registered
86 Posts
@ddpm87 Glad you are liking the Hellcat...
I see a stick-on Talon grip & Apex trigger kit
What brand of optic & can you co-witness the sights, = see both the iron front & rear + the red dot?

I need a nap as I'm taking my youngest son to see Weird Al Yankovic later at the Iroquois Ampitheater

·
Registered
Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ddpm87 Glad you are liking the Hellcat...
I see a stick-on Talon grip & Apex trigger kit
What brand of optic & can you co-witness the sights, = see both the iron front & rear + the red dot?

I need a nap as I'm taking my youngest son to see Weird Al Yankovic later at the Iroquois Ampitheater
Yea i like it. I finally sighted the red dot earlier. Thats a Riton MPRD 2 optic. Its not bad and yes it does cowitness. Thats just an Apex trigger shoe. Bought it mainly for looks lol. I didnt want to change much on the gun since its my carry.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I live in Sothern Indiana 2 Miles from Louisville KY = Clarksville IN
Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun Gesture
Glasses Revolver Textile Wood Gadget
Purple Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Machine

I U-Notched the rear sight of the Romeo Zero to allow MORE of the sight to be Co-Witnessed 👆
Ran the adjustment screw all the way in & filed & sanded it smooth, then re-adjusted afterwards, Worked out better..
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel

What it looked like Before 👆

·
Registered
Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldn't have felt good about the mod to the sight but only paid $80 shipped for that Romeo Zero & the seller had another one that I passed on...
Should have bought it too
I have another on my SIG P365XL & that gave it a new metal shroud & didn't use it on the Hellcat because it would have raised the sight up the thickness of the metal shroud = right around 1mm
Circuit component Gadget Gas Cable Audio equipment
Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver Machine

I have a new "We the People" IWB holster coming for the SIG, due any day now
Haven't carried it yet because I don't have a good holster for it but did find this IWB Clip holster for it in the mean time
Wood Fashion accessory Gun accessory Handgun holster Everyday carry

How much better is the trigger now with the Apex Trigger kit? VS Factory as far as pre travel overtravel reset & pull weight etc.
Inquiring minds want to know

1 - 20 of 22 Posts