Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone⁷

Newbie to this forum and M1A's, have been seriously on the fence around which to pickup, originally wanted something in AR10 variant, (but living in Massachusetts (w furor Healy) made me re evaluate as no good option that path), FAL, PTR91, M1a, and even some bolt Scouts...I dont have anything bigger than 223 today, and didn't have basic knowledge around the 308 battle ready options till I headed down some rabbit holes looking.

I did find a mostly decent avail option, Robinson XCR-M in 308 (platform using best of AR, AK, FAL), but the deal breaker was 2-3 MOA normally at best (but was avail into MA new), PTR not what I really want, FAL cool but still not what I want (and preban is out of my range), not that I'm settling as actually I started this 308 path looking at M1a's, I just already know and enjoy the AR platform.

Has not been ordered yet but believe I will end up with the M1A Scout (walnut is nice but even more difficult to find, did find one in two tone synth)

That's my intro, wanted to say hello, get thoughts, and I need to start looking for preban mags.

Thanks

Rvelle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An option has come up back towards the AR10 route (which is really where i wanted to be), thanks for the welcomes and I do hope to get my hands on an M1A at some point in the future

1 - 4 of 4 Posts