Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined. Also just bought my first Springfield, a 1911 EMP Ronin 4". Found it via Gun Broker for a very good price, bought it, shipped to my local FFL. Everything done except the overly long and painful background check process required in WA state for semi-automatic pistols and rifles. Probably another 4-5 days to go on that.

I've owned a number of 1911's in my life, plus shooting/carrying them as a tank crewman in the US Army way back when. Currently I have a Ruger SR1911 Commander .45acp and a Kimber Custom LW 9mm. Both great guns. The Ruger was my carry gun for a long time. This year I moved to a Sig P365xl for EDC. As much as I like it for carry, it's still a polymer framed, striker fired gun and not my personal preference for defensive shooting. I index, point, and shoot the 1911 much better than just about anything else.

Researched the EMP, shot one several times at a local range, and finally pulled the trigger .... so to speak.

Looking forward to clearing all the background check crap in WA and getting it next week. Also looking forward to this forum and input/feedback/knowledge around this and other Springfields and gun life in general.

-- Eric

Reactions: RevV

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum ecowper. Good to have you on board. Looking forward to your thoughts on the weapon and a range report.
Thank you for your service.
I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on this pistol. I like the idea that SA redesigned the 1911 with modern components around a 9mm round. I shot a straight EMP 4 at a local range that had one for rent. In a 50 round test shoot, everything was in the X or 9 ring, and shooting Mozambique drills went well (2 center mass, 1 head). Obviously only 50 rounds, but I was very comfortable with the gun. From an internals and size perspective, there's no difference between an EMP 4 and a Ronin EMP 4. Grips, safety, bobtailed mainspring housing, that's it.

As soon as it gets done with background checks and such, the first range trip is happening and I will definitely have a range report for the forum.

Reactions: RevV and WVSurveyor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!
We like pictures.
I suggest avoiding posting pics in which serial numbers are legible, but some people are not concerned about it.
Well, when I am able to post pictures of the gun, I will. And with the holster, extra mags, ammo, etc.

I tend to avoid serial numbers, but I’m not fanatical about it.

While we are waiting for the SA 1911 Ronin EMP 4 to clear background checks and such, here’s some pics of other guns I own :)
Grey Trigger Wood Gun barrel Air gun

Wood Automotive tire Asphalt Font Road surface

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Watch Camouflage Ballistic vest Military camouflage Machine gun

Finger Material property Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@RevV my Kimber Custom in Galco Gun Leather! For a full size 1911, there’s nothing better … to me … than a Galco on my hip :)

Automotive tire Bumper Camera accessory Wood Tints and shades

Glove Automotive tire Safety glove Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful!
Thanks brother …. I love that Kimber. First one I ever owned. Very good looking and good shooting gun. And the Galco Combat Master is a gorgeous OWB strong side holster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts