New Guy from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TRS, Jul 24, 2015.

1. TRS

TRS New Member

Just joined. Live a bit south of Nashville. U.S. Navy Vet, Submarine Svc, '79-'86. Carried a 1911 while on topside watch in the svc so I really "bonded" with it ;)
    Own two Rugers, GP100, SR9C and a S&W revolver but always liked and heard great things about SA, so I had to get one. Not my last for sure! My wife and I both have carry permits and enjoy going to the range a few times a month.

Picked up my new SA RO Champion last week and love it. Was at the range Wed and could not be happier with it. 150 rounds not one issue, tight groupings, just a great gun. Quality and finish are great. Will be my new CCW. Should be getting my Simply Rugged Cuda holster for it tomorrow and ready to go.

Great to be here and looking forward to learning much.

Thanks,
    Gary

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome to the forum Gary!

Plenty of us here are into revolvers. I've got about an even number of revolvers and 1911's.

Lot's of Submariners in the electronics dept. where I work. The guy who runs the electronics lab was in subs, so he tends to hire sub guys. What I don't get is that they are all big guys... The British merchant marine always picked little guys so they could bunk more in the limited space. I would have expected the same thing in a sub, but all the sub guys here are over 6 feet tall. Maybe it's so they'd last a little longer if there was a leak?

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

4. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Take a deep breath and hang on tight. Guppies get a dunking on the conn.

5. TRS

TRS New Member

pokute,
    You are right about the big guys on subs. I am just about 6' and our bunks were just about 6' so I was just able to lay flat but many of the crew were bigger so it was really uncomfortable for them. One Chief we had was about 6'6". Not sure why he chose subs to serve..... seems he was always crouched over :confused:

Thanks for the welcome!