New Guy from So. Utah

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by huskerbob, Aug 7, 2020.

1. huskerbob

huskerbob New Member

Thanks for letting me join you all.

Just purchased a 'new to me' Range Officer in .45 ACP as my first 1911! Looking forward to 'roaming the halls' while trying to pick up some tips and learn a little.

Have always been more of a S.A.A. guy but decided to see what else is going on out there.

Thanks again!

Bob

St. George, UT.

2. Tinyman

Tinyman Member

Welcome Bob -- enjoy your tour here. It's generally pretty quiet here but some good reading.

I signed up not too long agpo hoping for a lead on the Ronin Operator in .45 in the Birmingham Alabama area. So far, that's a big no.

3. huskerbob

huskerbob New Member

I've noticed. Don't really understand the low activity level.

Check this one out. Seems to be quite a bit of activity on that board.
    https://forums.1911forum.com/
    Good Luck with the Ronin!!

Bob

4. Tinyman

Tinyman Member

Sad to think there is such a "following" on Springfields and such a SORRY FOLLOWING here. Seems that even the moderators are on Covid break.

Thanks for the 1911 link.

Mike

5. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

Your comment is out of line, you need to understand that this site is many years in existence and had its moment in the sun. Many great contributions on heaps of issues and we all learnt a great deal. Time moves on and sometimes people age and find other interests. The information on many a Springfield and other items remains for you to look through and gain information. Best of luck in what you seek and stay safe.

6. Tinyman

Tinyman Member

Fine -- my comment is out of line. My comment stands as written. I have joined this forum to learn and to have conversations with like-minded folks, but have only learned that moderators fail to join in. If you don't agree with me, that's fine too.

7. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

What you wrote is fine. Moderators as i understand it only get involved in a conversation if it goes off the rails or they also have a comment to add that is of assistance. Or just because they are also interested in the comment. To be here we are all like minded when it comes to firearms. Also note once you have joined as you have in this introduction section then new comments are then transferred or directed to areas that closer match a persons needs, eg, riles, pistols Ar platforms etc.