New Guy from PA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Macster, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Macster

Macster New Member

Hi Everyone, just joined the forum. Made a few quick searches already and found a lot of good info.

I have a few Springfields, one XDs 45-3.3, one XDs 9-4.0, one XDm 9-3.8 and two XDm 45-3.8.

I don't have a 1911 yet. Been looking at the new Range Officer Compact 45. I'm hoping it will be available in 9mm soon. I'll be one of the first in line to get one.

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

In states where the RO is available, it is the best bargain in a 1911. It seems that folks (including me) are discovering the joys of the Commander size 1911.

Why not in 45?

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

4. Macster

Macster New Member

I didn't completely rule out the .45 it's just that the wife has trouble with .45's. She really likes the XDm 9-3.8 and XDs 9-4.0 and shoots very well with them.

5. chase

chase New Member

Welcome to the forum! Consider finding a place that will let you try out the 1911 in .45! The recoil is surprisingly smooth, it is not a jarring or stiff recoil, just a thought. But hey if 9mm works best for your wife go for it!

6. pokute

Ah, you didn't mention that the wife would be shooting it. According to corneredcat.com, wives should be allowed to choose their own guns, for various reasons. My daughter doesn't like shooting the 45 either.

7. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

8. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Master. This is a great place to hang,Mon!

9. pokute

Oh! I didn't realize! [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNTaWElUgA"]MASTER, TORGO WELCOMES YOU![/ame]

10. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry for the misspell! Should have been Macster! Spellcheck strikes again,lol.

11. pokute

Sure, Torgo. Too late to sweep that under the doormat ;)

12. cloaker

cloaker Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Springfield Forum