Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an emp4 after taking quite awhile to find a quality sub custom fit 4" 1911 platform 9mm.

That said I felt the Emp4 was fit and finished as well as a Dan Wesson I handled. The colt commander was a rattle trap and to me was more refined then the SA Champion operator. Looking at it and tearing it down for initial clean and lube it was pretty obvuous SA has pride in these.

Havent shot it yet but I did notice it will feed fmj's with no issues however 147 HST's are FTF with a nosed into ramp hollowpoint and hung slide. A little force and it feeds. Maybe shooting it will fix that. The feed ramp is polished bright and I did clean it along with check and oil the disconnect..

Changed out the front sight to green as my eyes cant see the red any more.. and getting the tube cut in half was a pain in the xxx. Replacing was easy after a youtube vid..

Oh yeah, the mec-gar mags (3) seem to be quality mags from a manufactured standpoint.

If only it was in all satin black. the two tone isn't my favorite

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shot it today..

100 rounds 115 fmj. Soft shooter and fantastically accurate. Shot POA, sights are dead on and the trigger is sweet.

1st magazine failed to lock open on last shot. 2nd magazine 1 stove pipe. Zero malfunctions after that. Ran great. Mags easy to load even with maximum rounds.

If your on the fence with this one, or are looking for a 4" 1911 9mm, this is it. I have owned TRPs, loaded models, MC Operator and a few kimbers. This Emp4 is nicer and shoots more accurately then any of them.

Nice gun.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Picked up an emp4 after taking quite awhile to find a quality sub custom fit 4" 1911 platform 9mm.

That said I felt the Emp4 was fit and finished as well as a Dan Wesson I handled. The colt commander was a rattle trap and to me was more refined then the SA Champion operator. Looking at it and tearing it down for initial clean and lube it was pretty obvuous SA has pride in these.

Havent shot it yet but I did notice it will feed fmj's with no issues however 147 HST's are FTF with a nosed into ramp hollowpoint and hung slide. A little force and it feeds. Maybe shooting it will fix that. The feed ramp is polished bright and I did clean it along with check and oil the disconnect..

Changed out the front sight to green as my eyes cant see the red any more.. and getting the tube cut in half was a pain in the xxx. Replacing was easy after a youtube vid..

Oh yeah, the mec-gar mags (3) seem to be quality mags from a manufactured standpoint.

If only it was in all satin black. the two tone isn't my favorite

Congrats on your new EMP 4. This is my new EMP 4 concealed carry contour with G10 grips by Stoner CNC. I went with the Tactical Eclipse Grey and Black and love the way the look and feel. You may want to check out the Stoner website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.