Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EMP 4 on order. Anyone here have one? Looking for recommendations for a holster. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the MK-Tec 1911 with the carbon fiber open end and I reheated the kydex with a hair dryer too lock the safety in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So did you get the 4" as yet? I'm eyeing the same in .40cal but will wait a couple months after they hit the street
for someone to find the bugs if any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cav_Scout my brother has the 4" and he went for big bucks for a Milt Sparks versa max 2 nice looking but more money than I wanted too spend, so I use the MK- tech for my emp I purchased two the one in my photo will fit any 1911 frame owb I use for winter carry. I will post the Iwb that I use in the warm weather

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So did you get the 4" as yet? I'm eyeing the same in .40cal but will wait a couple months after they hit the street
for someone to find the bugs if any.
Yes. Had the same problem with this one that I had with the 3" model. The ejector started backing out of the frame after a couple hundred rounds. They are glued not pinned. Had to send it back to get it pinned. See picture. You shouldn't be able to see daylight between the ejector and the frame. Other than that, nice shooter. Got it at about 20% off the MSRP.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
So i pulled the trigger last night . . . . .arf arf and pushed the "buy now" button. Yep, ca ching !
Springfield Armory EMP 4 inch in .40 cal $962.00 no extra for plastic & includes shipping. it is what it is.
Notified the local FFL, so just sitting back for the call, probably thur or fri........

So next step is to put a set of truglo tfx sights (tritium & fiber) on it if available. Have them on four other pistols, guess i approve.
Luckily i won't be carrying this, at least not in near future, so i can procrastinate on the holster till more options
and what i want comes to light.

Hope this one makes it thru the break in trials . . . .and graduates to "its a shooter" class :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
So i pulled the trigger last night . . . . .arf arf and pushed the "buy now" button. Yep, ca ching !
Springfield Armory EMP 4 inch in .40 cal $962.00 no extra for plastic & includes shipping. it is what it is.
Notified the local FFL, so just sitting back for the call, probably thur or fri........

Take delivery Tues June 28, 2016.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Tomorrow is pick up day for you.
Let us know how it shoots. I have 2 40 cals and just prefer my 45's.
Old school I guess but have some buds who like the .40.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Took delivery today EMP 4" 40cal. Brought it home and gave it a scrub n lube. That is a heavy gun for the size, spring is stiff ! (good for 40 cal)
Heavy barrel and the Slide rails and lock up are very snug. Trigger is very short travel, defined break, very short reset.
Has a little "L" rod to capture spring for take down ( I'll loose that puppy for sure ! ).
Plastic case, 3 mags, holster owb, 2 mag carrier, clean rod, 2 allen wrench, 1 L rod, 2 fiber optic pieces, green & orange, lock & paperwork.
Have 8 dif rounds from 6 MFGs, three dif weights for the 300 rd break in. at the ready.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts