Need advice about 1911 mags.

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by pspez, Jan 23, 2017.

1. pspez

pspez New Member

Hello everyone, I am a new Range Officer Operator owner. My wife just got it for my birthday. My question is, that in the gun case, besides the traditional papers, there is the "1911 Loaded Coupon" were you can buy extra mags at very reasonable prices. Do you recommend the 7 round "blued" mags or the 7 round "stainless steel" mags? Thank you for any opinions regarding the different type or maker of mags.

2. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

I have never owned a Springfield 1911 or a Springfield 1911 mag, so some of the others on this forum can comment on your question directly.

I can say that in the two 1911s I have owned, I found that Wilson Combat mags worked amazingly well, better than the mags supplied by the manufacturers.

Congratulations on your new 1911!

3. pspez

pspez New Member

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Springfield Forum pspez. If you want you can hop on over to the Introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself.

5. Empervious

Empervious New Member

I have a loaded MC Operator. I have been so impressed with it. Every magazine I've put in it, with every configuration of ammo has been problem free! If your range officer is anything like my MC Operator, it won't matter what you put in it.

6. HCARTER

HCARTER New Member

I'm new to 1911's, can someone explain what the term "loaded 1911" indicates?

7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

It's got more bells and whistles :D.

8. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

It has custom features not found on the regular Springer 1911.

The Springfield Loaded provides those much-needed improvements, and then some. It’s the best example I’ve found (so far) of a custom job 1911 at a working-man’s price. ‘Nuff said. CALIBER: .45 ACP
    FRAME: Forged Steel, Parkerized
    MAGAZINES: 2 – 7-round, blued steel
    SLIDE: Forged steel, Parkerized
    BARREL: 5″ Stainless steel
    RECOIL SYSTEM: 2-piece, full length guide rod
    SIGHTS: Fixed, low-profile combat rear, dovetail front, 3-dot
    HEIGHT: 5.5″
    LENGTH: 8.5″
    TRIGGER: Long aluminum match grade, 5-6 lbs.
    GRIPS: Cocobolo
    WEIGHT (w/empty magazine): 40 ounces