Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a new Range Officer Operator owner. My wife just got it for my birthday. My question is, that in the gun case, besides the traditional papers, there is the "1911 Loaded Coupon" were you can buy extra mags at very reasonable prices. Do you recommend the 7 round "blued" mags or the 7 round "stainless steel" mags? Thank you for any opinions regarding the different type or maker of mags.

·
498 Posts
Hello everyone, I am a new Range Officer Operator owner. My wife just got it for my birthday. My question is, that in the gun case, besides the traditional papers, there is the "1911 Loaded Coupon" were you can buy extra mags at very reasonable prices. Do you recommend the 7 round "blued" mags or the 7 round "stainless steel" mags? Thank you for any opinions regarding the different type or maker of mags.
I have never owned a Springfield 1911 or a Springfield 1911 mag, so some of the others on this forum can comment on your question directly.

I can say that in the two 1911s I have owned, I found that Wilson Combat mags worked amazingly well, better than the mags supplied by the manufacturers.

Congratulations on your new 1911!

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Welcome to the Springfield Forum pspez. If you want you can hop on over to the Introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a loaded MC Operator. I have been so impressed with it. Every magazine I've put in it, with every configuration of ammo has been problem free! If your range officer is anything like my MC Operator, it won't matter what you put in it.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm new to 1911's, can someone explain what the term "loaded 1911" indicates?
It has custom features not found on the regular Springer 1911.

The Springfield Loaded provides those much-needed improvements, and then some. It’s the best example I’ve found (so far) of a custom job 1911 at a working-man’s price. ‘Nuff said. CALIBER: .45 ACP
FRAME: Forged Steel, Parkerized
MAGAZINES: 2 – 7-round, blued steel
SLIDE: Forged steel, Parkerized
BARREL: 5″ Stainless steel
RECOIL SYSTEM: 2-piece, full length guide rod
SIGHTS: Fixed, low-profile combat rear, dovetail front, 3-dot
HEIGHT: 5.5″
LENGTH: 8.5″
TRIGGER: Long aluminum match grade, 5-6 lbs.
GRIPS: Cocobolo
WEIGHT (w/empty magazine): 40 ounces

1 - 8 of 8 Posts