Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a gun guy that just bought his first Springfield...MC Operator to be exact (Which is also my first 1911).

I'm a big "gun guy" but have never been exposed to Springfield until I got this MC Operator

Now I'm taking a close look at the XD line

I've always been a fan of the glocks and M&Ps...it's not that I don't like XDs, it's just that I've never shot one before but that'll change one day.

I'm not only impressed by the quality of Springfield, but the overall value seems very hard to beat.

I'll either buy an XD or wait till tax return season to get a stainless TRP.

I'm looking forward to chatting on here.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And don't try and play "aw shucks" here... I just read this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1112523 and you are an awesome troll! Three pages of guys showing off their Baers (The only semi-custom gun we can buy in CA new) and crowing about making it through a weekend class without a misfire... I love it!

But seriously (uh-oh, I've been cross-forum trolled) , my 1911's never fail me, but when they do (yes, yes, I know what I just did), I can still use them as bludgeons and projectiles. What can you do with a dead Glock (not that they ever fail, or run outta bullets), scrape it on the sidewalk until you get a sharp edge on it? Nuff said!

My 1915 Springfield has done something no Glock (Uh, no Glock pistol, anyway) could ever do... It fathered Gaston Glock by shootin' his daddy through the nuts and lodging in his momma's parts! ... Yep, simultaneously ended the war and and indirectly created the wonder nine craze. My 1911.

Did I say welcome to the forum... Anyway, Welcome to the forum! And don't wait until tax time... Buy a SS MilSpec, and when your tax refund comes through, send it off to a custom shop and get yourself exactly the gun you (and nobody else) want!

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
And be careful about asking to borrow a dollar from SH... He has some funny ways.

·
CH3NO2
44 Posts
Welcome from SoCal! I'm a 40+ year 1911 shooter, and recently acquired a XD(M) .45 and have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with the XD(M).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts