Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fired my new Hellcat for the first time yesterday and wow it's a keeper. I shot about 75 rounds of 115 FMJ and about 20 rounds of 147 JHP's. I didn't experience any jams or misfires. It fits my hand well, handled great and was very accurate for a such a small gun. I have never owned a Springfield firearm and I am impressed with the overall fit and finish. If i'm in the market for another firearm, another Springfield will definately be considered.

I've owned and sold both the Glock 43X and Sig P365 prior to owning my Hellcat. The Glock was reliable and fairly accurate but the factory trigger was horrible and actually made my trigger finger bleed. I did try a couple different aftermarket trigger kits but the Glock just didn't fit my hands well and was sold.

My next purchase was a Sig P365 and although it did shoot well I wasn't impressed with Sig's modular design. Also the magazines were difficult to fill to capacity, the last round felt like it was crammed in very tight. I also had the infamous loose grip frame fit to FCU movement and rattle. I wasn't impressed with Sig's customer service after sending it in for repair. They claimed it was in their specification although most i've felt and compared to fit fairly tight.

My other 9mm's include a Walther PPQ Navy and standard model. I also own a S&W Shield which has been a reliable good shooting subcompact as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Having owned several new 1911 and new pistols over the past few years i would expect and have found it that NO new pistol would not work flawlessly for 10,000 plus. I had a Caspian pistol (main parts from that factory) that i put some 100,000 rounds through and all i ever broke was the link on the barrel and changed the springs every now and then. My CZ of which i have several run flawlessly. One has had some 10,000 plus rounds through. My Springfield XD is now some 2 years old and that has over 10,000 + rounds through it and it has never failed. It is cleaned after every shoot and i have replaced when it was first purchased new recoil spring. I also changed the trigger to the XD trigger kit from Brownells.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts